SAIC is looking for a creative and experienced VP of Facilities Operations to work with senior leadership to develop and execute on a multi-year strategic road map for SAIC’s activities which will enhance the employee experience and better enable execution of the business strategy.
The VP of Facilities Operations serves as the central point of control and management for strategic planning, portfolio management, and all real estate transactions for owned and/or leased facilities. Portfolio management encompasses the management of all facilities including space planning, office services, construction transactions, contract services, and management of both internal and outsourced resources.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for the Environmental, Health, & Safety (EH&S) and Sustainability programs. The EH&S and Sustainability programs include oversight of all relevant regulatory and compliance matters affecting the company, whether at an SAIC or customer location.
The responsibilities of this role touches all departments across the SAIC enterprise that occupy owned and/or leased facilities inclusive of corporate offices, manufacturing, distribution, and research and development facilities. The candidate will develop short and long-term strategies for managing the financial impact of real estate in order to minimize real estate expenses and to enhance the optimization of operating expenses based on the square footage of facilities occupied.
The successful candidate will develop and manage collaborative relationships, regionally and with other corporate/operational functional areas, to determine and execute the company’s real estate and facilities requirements. They will also manage and provide information relative to market conditions, anticipated costs, transaction viability and expected timelines, as well as align real estate transactions with the short and long-term business strategies and objectives of the line organizations and other functions. The candidate will have final approval authority for all corporate real estate decisions.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop and manage multi-year road map for SAIC’s facilities supporting SAIC business objectives.
• Manage complex capital and expense budgets across multiple rate pools, service centers and charge back allocations in excess of $110M annually.
• Develop cost effective occupancy solutions in alignment with the needs of the business, including parameters for location, lease vs. own, length of lease term, financial commitment, exit strategies and operating budgets; all of which influence the scope, timing and cost of strategic business decisions.
• Represent SAIC on all facilities and construction related issues and resolving major issues with landlords and manage rent and operating expense adjustments for conformance with lease provisions.
• Ensure all relevant corporate financial policies are adhered too, as well as GAAP and FAR requirements.
• Create/Analyze complex real estate and financial models ensuring they conform to corporate accounting practices while minimizing real estate costs and risks.
• Lead this cross-platform team as a cohesive organization to provide professional services across the organization. Services consist of directing the facilities management operations including: mail, shipping & receiving, copiers, janitorial, food service, life safety, E&HS, sustainability, energy management, property management, plant maintenance and utility operations.
• Manage and coordinate internal and outsourced contract partners along with numerous third party vendors responsible for managing and maintaining the CRE portfolio.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in
Business Administration, Engineering, Architecture, or a related field and be
proficient in advanced human re-engineering along with 10-15 years of
experience in a complex corporate environment. Experience with Federal Government,
Civilian, Defense, Intelligence Community and classified environments is also
• Knowledge of basic principles
involved in Health/Safety programs, environmental sustainability and various
regulatory requirements such as OSHA, DOT and ATF.
• Must have excellent interpersonal
skills with the ability to deal with all levels of an organization.
• Must be well-organized with strong
project management skills, working knowledge of real estate finance and be an
effective working leader.
• Must have experience performing real
estate and facilities activities for merger and acquisition activities.
• US Citizenship required
• Security clearance or ability to
gain a security clearance is highly desirable
• The position is based in Reston, VA
and travel is required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability