Primary Responsibilities & Activities
- Overall functional management of the financial reporting systems that support Corporate and Operational planning, reporting and analysis. The primary system used for this is Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (EPM). EPM encompasses both reporting and planning.
- Specific responsibilities include management of data integrity, development of reporting metrics as needed and user training for reporting tools.
- Toolset to include EPM Planning and EPM ESSBASE accessed by the Oracle Smartview for Office
- Maintenance of ESSBASE and Planning Hierarchies and members
- Oversight of scheduled jobs using the ITO managed scheduling software (Tidal)
- Extensive experience with various reporting tools including Hyperion IR, Cognos Reporting, EPM FR Studio, OBIEE and Oracle Smart View for Office against EPM Essbase and Planning
- Ensure monthly period close data is accurately loaded into the Hyperion reporting system and validated with source systems.
- Lead the business process reengineering project to develop and deploy updated direct, indirect annual planning/rolling forecast models using Hyperion EPM
- Oversee technical staff member who is responsible for functional development of model logic and methodologies for all planning/forecasting models and report writing.
- Manage the implementation and training of new model designs and planning methodologies to the user community
- Maintain functional planning models for updates or modifications and accuracy on an ongoing basis.
- Manage internal projects to standardize business intelligence and reporting solutions for the SAIC environment.
- Support EPM user community with Oracle Smart View and Oracle Web Forms.
- Work with the Planning team to ensure technical planning application requirements are met.
- Support the FP&A group to reengineer/develop reports and analyses relating to the monthly close and quarterly reporting requirements.
Deliverables: Monthly/Semi-Annual, Annual
- Monthly - ensure all data loaded to reporting databases is accurate and complete.
- Monthly - ensure all pushed reports complete as expected.
- Annually/Quarterly - ensure planning/forecasting model readiness for business processes
- Additional reporting requirements as needed.
Technical Strengths Required (i.e., MS Office Excel, Cognos, Costpoint, Modeling, etc.)
- Experience with Government Contract Accounting , FAR & CAS regulations and concepts, required
- Extensive experience with various reporting tools including Hyperion, Cognos Reporting and Essbase, required.
- Strong understanding of Financial Statements (P/L, B/S, C/F)
- Knowledge of the SAIC Costpoint environment and general ledger account and org structure.
- Team player and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and Powerpoint
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or MIS with 18 plus years of relevant work experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability