SAIC delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers.
SAIC is seeking a Capture Manager to focus on Navy program growth and capture initiatives with a focus on Naval Warfare Systems Command and Information Warfare Center Pacific in San Diego. This position reports to the Vice President of Growth for NAVWAR, NWIC and the Marine Corps within the Defense Systems Group (DSG). The Capture Manager will be responsible for directing and managing Navy focused pursuits and assuming primary ownership and accountability for the proposed solution maturation through the Corporate Capture Management Processes to include teaming and price to win strategies for compliant and compelling offers. In addition, the Capture Manager will provide leadership and execution of effective capture plans following established internal gates and using standard tools and processes – with emphasis on win strategies – themes, value propositions, teaming, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Position requires effective management and leadership of capture teams. Communicating resource needs and leveraging resources assigned is critical to the success of every capture manager; collaborating with subject & technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers
• Coalesce with DSG team members, BD, operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute call plans to position SAIC for successful pursuits
• Execute Corporate BD CONOPS and implement SAIC growth culture
• Gathers, assesses, and validates customer requirements working closely with BD and Program Managers -- identifies related needs and constraints that impact winning solution
• Assess probable competition and evaluates relative strengths and threats -- conducts Black-hats, competitive scenarios, etc.
• Translate requirements into robust win strategy, carefully tested and validated, and advances strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits
• Collaborates effectively with internal teams and external partners to sustain operational excellence, resolve conflicts, and achieve customer satisfaction
• Identifies gaps and develops strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks
• Conducts and participates in gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; leads and documents lessons learned
• Leads and negotiates teaming agreements and strategic alliances
• Manages assigned pipeline (portfolio of opportunities) as the opportunity owner
• Drives development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; ensures integrity of win strategy through supporting role in color reviews; supports assigned Proposal Manager/Director by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids
• Assumes accountability for advancing and maturing opportunities toward high win probability
• Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant business, technical, or professional field of study and 15+ years of relevant experience
• In-depth understanding of growth (capture management and business development) or related business experience in the DoD with focus on the Navy programs.
• In-depth knowledge, experience, and success in capture process are required and demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus) is expected
• Ability to work and execute a quick reaction process for Task Order identification, customer engagement and Task Order proposal response
• The ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure is a prerequisite
• Proficient and proven ability in capture management based on industry best practices -- demonstrated proficiency qualifying opportunities
• Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen
• Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work effectively in fast-paced, time sensitive, and often multi-tasking environment
• Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the capture
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
• Deep understanding of all facets of effective growth from the initial opportunity identification to inside of the proposal room.
• Driven and orientation towards solving rather than solely identifying problem areas is a preferred characteristic of the ideal candidate.
• The candidate must exhibit leadership traits and personal characteristics which are necessary for success.
• Key factors include: sound business judgment, keen conceptual skills, intellectual discipline, self-confidence, imagination, well-developed management skills, and the personal ambition to play a major role in the growth and success of a high technology company with a strong heritage for high quality and responsive service to its clients.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability