This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 195096
Location: SEOUL, Seoul, Korea, Republic of
Date Posted: Oct 7, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Data Scientist
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking candidates to support the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Special Operations Forces (SOF) Enterprise Data Science Team (DST). The SOF DST team will support the Special Operations Command, Research, Analysis, and Threat Evaluation System (SOCRATES) Program of Record within the SOF Acquisition Technology and Logistics (AT&L) Program Executive Officer (PEO) – Command, Control, Commination, and Computes (C4). The DST team will primarily focus on supporting ongoing data analytics efforts within the J2 (Intelligence) and J8 (Force Structure, Resources, and Assessment) Directorates. In addition, the DST team will also engage with the USSOCOM Chief Data Officer (CDO) Knowledge Management (KM) team and the USSOCOM J6/Chief Information Officer (CIO) via the respective Technical Contracting Officer Representatives (TCORs) from the J8 and J2. DST personnel/analysts will vary in skill sets ranging from a Data Scientists to Data Integrators and will provide advanced analytical knowledge of data; be capable of conducting big data analysis; data conditioning; programming advanced computing; developing algorithms, developing software and data models; executing predictive analytics; and utilizing visualization tools to take advantage of the growing volume of available information.
Data Integrators are responsible for conducting methodology development, software requirement generation, tool testing, and the discovery, aggregation, and visualization of disparate data sources. Data Integrators will perform the following duties:
• Work directly with the Intelligence Analysts focusing on problem sets at the tactical and strategic levels
• Apply a thorough understanding of data integration and visualization to support the ops/intelligence fusion process
• Use data science techniques and methodologies to identify capabilities and vulnerabilities of targeted enemy organizations, identify trends and patterns detected in data experiments, highlighting their relationships to the targeted enemy networks.
• Have a thorough understanding of the intelligence process to compile, collate, analyze, produce, and evaluate all-source intelligence
• Have the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
• Identify and expose data sets to clients and partners
• Support technical requirements capture from across the enterprise sites
• Identify solutions to support improved analysis across the site locations.
• Knowledgeable of the various tools that support SOF intelligence analysis, data sources relevant to the needs of the analyst, and the tradecraft associated with SOF Intelligence analysis.
• Assist in data discovery, manipulation, and visualization.
Education and Experience:
• Possess a minimum of a bachelors degree in a computer science discipline or
• Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
• Eight years' experience providing services similar in required tasks, scope, and complexity
• Six years' experience in the Special Operations intelligence community, providing services similar in required tasks, scope, and complexity
• Current DoD Top Secret clearance and eligible for SCI access and ACCM read-on.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability