SAIC is seeking an experienced Proposal Manager for our Proposal Development Center. This individual will work closely with business development and operational personnel to develop and deliver winning, high-quality Federal Government proposals. Occasional travel may be possible. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Manage proposals, including all aspects of proposal development: pre-proposal planning activities, kick-off meeting, value proposition conveyance, theme development, schedule management, action/issue tracking, proposal structure, compliance oversight, writing instructions and team guidance, review team coordination, and production oversight.
• Develop/maintain proposal management-related artifacts for each opportunity to include kickoff materials, master outline and compliance matrix, schedule, storyboards and or annotated outlines, writing instructions and templates, daily stand-up agenda, proposal team contact list, action items, and color team review briefings.
• Review/analyze proposal sections for consistency and clarity, compliance with solicitation requirements, and alignment with proposed solutions and themes and write/re-write proposal sections as necessary to deliver high-quality, winning proposal product.
• Collaborate with business development and operational leadership to obtain adequate resources for accomplishing a high-quality proposal submission in a timely manner.
• Manage and direct all proposal efforts to include preparation, revision, and submission; establishes and enforces the proposal schedule. Clarify, communicate, and enforce roles and responsibilities of the proposal team members.
• Collaborate with the capture manager, subject matter experts, and other writers to refine proposal sections to ensure accuracy, compliance, consistency, and reflection of win strategies.
• Assist in the development and refinement of templates and standardized processes to streamline proposal development.
• Provide daily updates regarding proposal progress to team via the daily stand-up: action items, identified risks, section status, and schedule. Identify risks and develop mitigation plans.
• Lead/facilitate/drive the discussion during solution strategy sessions with capture manager, volume lead(s), and subject matter experts; capturing and helping to document customer hot buttons, win themes, our approach/solution, and features and benefits at the level required for a compelling proposal response.
• Work with the color review leads to convene color teams and prepare color team package. Lead color review recovery from post-review assessment to providing guidance for implementation of approved content changes and modifications.
• Remain current on all solicitation modifications and communicates them to the team. Revise schedule, outline, and compliance matrix as necessary throughout proposal life cycle.
• Ensure proposal compliance, checking submission for compliance regularly throughout the proposal cycle.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree (can be substituted with years of experience)
• 13 to 15 years of demonstrated experience managing and writing winning competitive Federal Government proposals in a defined proposal role
• Knowledge of the proposal development life cycle, and understanding of Shipley or other proposal development processes
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to high-quality material
• Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously
• Dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management
• Excellent work ethic and excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of the FAR, especially best-value aspects
• Ability to coordinate off-site subcontractors and proposal team
• Familiarity with the use of proposal collaboration tools
Candidate must have a Top secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI. Current TS/SCI preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability