Join SAIC’s team to help DHS with researching and organizing scientific, engineering, and technological resources and leveraging these existing resources into technological tools to help protect the homeland. Functional teams will work in a Test and Evaluation (T&E) environment to define requirements, then continue through design and development to help programs manage risks, and support deployment and operations through continuous monitoring.
The Reliability T&E Engineer/SME will support the translation of customer requests into technical specifications by serving as a liaison between vendors, clients, and project developers. Will work with other project staff (management, scientists, or subject matter experts) to develop and refine concepts of operations, operational plans, and training requirement to make optimum use of existing and planned systems to meet Customer needs.
The Reliability T&E Engineer/SME is to assist the Government with ensuring that DHS acquisition T&E efforts adequately include reliability T&E in the following areas:
- Coordinate/organize strategic/mission planning sessions and site visits as needed.
- Perform analyses by applying appropriate scientific and engineering processes and modeling techniques to the life-cycle development of systems.
- Support the development of cost analysis, design considerations, and implementation time-lines.
- Review plans for system integration, operation, and maintenance and assists in the development of training for operational personnel.
- Provide support, guidance, recommendations and mentoring within reliability T&E to all Deputy Director’s in the review of programs T&E Master Plans (TEMP), Operational Test Plans and the development of Letter of Assessments.
- Provide support to the instructional advisor in regards to reliability T&E inclusion within the T&E curriculum.
- Provide as directed focused training on reliability T&E.
- M.S/M.A. degree and at least has 10 years of experience in complex engineering or technical efforts involving multiple facets of engineering disciplines.
- Must have experience in analysis, engineering, or technical efforts related to complex system development or acquisition. This includes, but is not limited to, experience supporting strategic planning, mission and requirements development, and program definition functions, and providing assistance in developing strategic vision. Experience providing analysis to evaluate the degree to which differing systems solutions are effective and feasible.
- T&E Level III completion of training for DHS and / or commercial equivalent T&E certification, this can include training from the Federal Acquisition Institute Training Application System for example.
- Must have active DOD Secret or DHS Secret clearance.
- Travel 10% (CONUS/OCONUS).
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Prior DHS experience including any Components or Directorates of DHS.
- Customs and Border protection (CBP)
- U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)
- U.S. Secret Services (USSS)
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Science and Technology (S&T)
- Management (USM)
- National Protection & Programs (NPPD)
- Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD)
- Homeland Security Acquisition Institute (HSAI)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability