Job ID: 195088
Location: MACDILL AFB, FL, United States
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Data Scientist
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking candidates to support the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Special Operations Forces (SOF) Enterprise Data Science Team (DST). The SOF DST team will support the Special Operations Command, Research, Analysis, and Threat Evaluation System (SOCRATES) Program of Record within the SOF Acquisition Technology and Logistics (AT&L) Program Executive Officer (PEO) – Command, Control, Commination, and Computes (C4). The DST team will primarily focus on supporting ongoing data analytics efforts within the J2 (Intelligence) and J8 (Force Structure, Resources, and Assessment) Directorates. In addition, the DST team will also engage with the USSOCOM Chief Data Officer (CDO) Knowledge Management (KM) team and the USSOCOM J6/Chief Information Officer (CIO) via the respective Technical Contracting Officer Representatives (TCORs) from the J8 and J2. DST personnel/analysts will vary in skill sets ranging from a Data Scientists to Data Integrators and will provide advanced analytical knowledge of data; be capable of conducting big data analysis; data conditioning; programming advanced computing; developing algorithms, developing software and data models; executing predictive analytics; and utilizing visualization tools to take advantage of the growing volume of available information.
Data Analysts use technology to mine complex, voluminous, and different varieties of data from various sources and platforms in order to collect, analyze, and compile data to meet customer needs. Data Analysts will perform the following duties:
• Identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis, and reporting
• Collect customer requirements
• Determine technical issues
• Build data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for data consumers to monitor and report on data.
• Improve the quality of data use and usability by driving an understanding and adherence to the principles of data quality management including metadata, lineage, and business definitions
• Work collaboratively with Intelligence and Data analysis teams to produce qualitative and quantitative data that support Intelligence products.
Education and Experience:
• Possess a minimum of a bachelors degree in a computer science discipline.
• Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one year of related experience.
• Experience providing services similar in required tasks, scope, and complexity.
• Current DoD Top Secret clearance and eligible for SCI access and ACCM read-on.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability