Join SAIC’s team to help DHS with researching and organizing scientific, engineering, and technological resources and leveraging these existing resources into technological tools to help protect the homeland. Functional teams will work in a Test and Evaluation (T&E) environment to define requirements, then continue through design and development to help programs manage risks, and support deployment and operations through continuous monitoring.
The IT Test Area Manager duties can include:
- Support the translation of customer requests into IT technical specifications by serving as a liaison between vendors, clients, and project developers.
- Work with other project staff (management, engineering, scientists, or subject matter experts) to develop and refine concepts of operations, operational plans, and training requirement to make optimum use of existing and planned systems.
- Coordinate/organize strategic/mission planning sessions and site visits as needed.
- Perform analyses by applying appropriate scientific and engineering processes and modeling techniques to the life-cycle development of IT systems.
- Support the development of cost analysis, design considerations, and implementation time-lines.
- Review plans for system integration, operation, and maintenance and assists in the development of training for operational personnel.
- Collect and analyze data and develop decision support software, service, or products.
- Develop and supply optimal time, cost, or logistics networks for program evaluation, review, or implementation.
Supporting the Task Order Manager the Test Area Manager shall provide consistent and collaborative support to T&E, and adhere to the DHS Records Management policy for all work support Major Acquisition Programs within DHS.
The Test Area Manager will evaluate T&E and assist the Government in such activities as:
- T&E Planning and Reporting Documentation. Assist in the review and edit of program T&E documents. These documents shall include but are not limited to:
- Operational Requirements Documents, Acquisition Strategies, Program Management Baselines, test strategies, test plans, T&E Master Plans (TEMPs), test reports/system evaluation reports, Letters of Assessment (LOAs), and Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs).
- Effectiveness and Suitability Assessments. Review the programs T&E design and make recommendations on the effectiveness, suitability, and executable methodologies of the programs T&E Master Plan, test plans and T&E related documents.
- Test Sufficiency Assessment. Assess programs TEMPs and provide recommendations regarding the ability of the program to assess the operational requirements. Provide assistance regarding T&E oversight support to ensure test execution follows the program TEMP (e.g.: test site visits, witness test activities, collect data, participate in scoring conferences, assist in data reviews)
- Technical Readiness Level Assessment. Review program T&E plans and provide recommendations regarding the adequate testing for Technical Readiness Level assessment expected throughout the T&E lifecycle.
- T&E Policy Compliance Assessment. Assess programs for T&E policy compliance and provide the Government recommendation regarding the T&E program plans.
- Test Agent Nomination Assessment. Assist in the assessment and review of Operational Test Agent (OTA) nomination criteria and provide recommendations.
- Modeling and Simulation Accreditation. Assist in the analysis of modeling and simulation (M&S) efforts for program under Director, Office of T&E Oversight and provide recommendations. Including but not limited to analyzing modeling and simulation of T&E efforts, determining processes for accrediting specific stimulation, investigating M&S as a technically-, operationally-, and cost effective method to support T&E.
- Collaboration. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders across the DHS enterprise, other Government agencies, to obtain input in the form of issues, concerns, recommendations, and/or concurrence relating to programs under Director, Office of Test & Evaluation oversight such as; T&E activities, documentation, and products to ensure all stakeholders requirements/needs are considered and provide recommendations.
- Assist the Government and support the Director, Test and Evaluation Division with tracking the T&E status of DHS programs. This status shall include maintaining a schedule of minor milestones, major milestones, deliverables, and other relevant program information for internal use and for external communication. Assist the Government with collection of information. The government shall determine the visualization of the collected information, once determined, TAM shall be responsible for keeping the information current.
- Assist the Government with expertise in order to evaluate and make recommendations on program performance measures. These measures include, key performance measures, critical technical parameters, measures of performance, measures of effectiveness and measures of suitability. Work within DHS to coordinate T&E and T&E oversight activities, and with external test and evaluation facilities as required to measure performance that demonstrates improvement to DHS operations and missions.
- Assist the Government with expertise to include preparation and attendance at Programs Integrated Product Team meetings, Acquisition Review Team (ART) meetings, T&E Strategy Briefings, T&E Concept Briefings, Program Test Readiness Reviews (OTRRs), and any other meeting or activity as designated by the Government.
- M.A. /M.S. degree; Must have experience in analysis related to complex IT system development or acquisition.
- This includes, but is not limited to, experience supporting strategic planning, mission and requirements development, and program definition functions, and providing assistance in developing strategic vision.
- Experience providing analysis to evaluate the degree to which differing systems solutions are effective and feasible
- T&E Level III completion of training for DHS and / or commercial equivalent T&E certification, this can include training from the Federal Acquisition Institute Training Application System.
- Must have active DOD Secret or DHS Secret clearance.
- Travel 10% (CONUS/OCONUS).
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Experience with T&E Mission Area Transportation Security Programs is preferred.
- Prior DHS experience including any Components or Directorates of DHS.
- Customs and Border protection (CBP)
- U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)
- U.S. Secret Services (USSS)
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Science and Technology (S&T)
- Management (USM)
- National Protection & Programs (NPPD)
- Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD)
- Homeland Security Acquisition Institute (HSAI)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability