T&E Instructional Advisor & Developer
Job ID: 195082
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Oct 15, 2019
Subcategory: Training Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Join SAIC’s team to help DHS with researching and organizing scientific, engineering, and technological resources and leveraging these existing resources into technological tools to help protect the homeland. Functional teams will work in a Test and Evaluation (T&E) environment to define requirements, then continue through design and development to help programs manage risks, and support deployment and operations through continuous monitoring.
The T&E Instructional Advisor & Developer develops, directs, plans and evaluates training programs or activities to meet external customer or internal employee learning objectives. Assignments may include:
- Assist in the development of the T&E workforce material that will cover such topics; Cyber resilience T&E, Reliability T&E, Integrated Testing, T&E Plans, Operational T&E Plans, Assessments, etc.
- Provide support and assistance in the recommendation of topics in support of monthly T&E Learning Seminar, development of lecture slides and at the request for the Government present.
- Development of T&E workshops in length of 1 to 4 days, dealing with such topics as; Cyber resilience T&E, Design of Experiment etc.
- Review and develop of Formal Test and Evaluation Curriculum. This may be required to update existing T&E course material and or to develop new T&E course material.
- Provide a subject matter expertise, with experience in adult learning concepts and developing interactive web based or class room training.
- Work with Homeland Security Institute (HSAI) in the implementation of all curriculum updates.
- Conduct classroom instruction in a professional manner with experience in adult learning concepts in support of current Homeland Security Acquisition Institute (HSAI).
- Instruct up to twenty-four (24) students in each class in a manner conducive to adult learning and accommodate a reasonable spectrum of learning styles.
- Accommodate students with physical and learning disabilities within the instruction method. Coordination of reasonable accommodations (sign language interpreters, large-print student materials, etc.) shall be provided by the Government. (HSAI) however the T&E Instructional Advisor & Developer is required to identify the needs for the accommodations to be provided.
- Administer and grade in-class exercises and end-of-course examinations using approved grading rubrics, provided by Government (HSAI), to students to assess knowledge and proficiency in the learning modules.
- M.S/M.A. Degree 10 years or more experience in training development supporting complex engineering or technical efforts involving multiple facets of engineering disciplines.
- T&E Level III completion of training for DHS and / or commercial equivalent T&E certification, this can include training from the Federal Acquisition Institute Training Application System.
- Must have active DOD Secret or DHS Secret clearance.
- Travel 10% (CONUS/OCONUS).
- Must be a US Citizen.
- • Experience with T&E Mission Area Policy & T&E Workforce Development is preferred.
- Prior DHS experience including any Components or Directorates of DHS.
- Customs and Border protection (CBP)
- U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)
- U.S. Secret Services (USSS)
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Science and Technology (S&T)
- Management (USM)
- National Protection & Programs (NPPD)
- Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD)
- Homeland Security Acquisition Institute (HSAI)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability