Mainframe Systems Programmer
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 195063
Location: LAKEWOOD, CO, United States
Date Posted: Sep 17, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: IT Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is hiring a Mainframe Systems Programmer in Lakewood, CO.
- This position is considered senior level and opportunities to be involved in other aspects of z/OS system support are encouraged.
- Candidate will have extensive experience with IBM mainframe operating systems, including MVS and z/OS to add to an existing Systems Programming staff. The qualified candidate will function as a z/OS Systems Programmer.
- Perform as a z/OS mainframe administrator: configuring, maintaining, and supporting z/OS Operating System Environments.
- Utilize SMP/E for vendor product and system OS maintenance.
- Interacts with technology teams such as Computer Operations and Data Base Administrators.
- Utilize knowledge of TCP/IP and SNA/VTAM architecture for networking support.
- Work with Security personnel to help define and configure RACF security rules for dataset and other resource definitions.
- Configures and administers controls and policies for automation products that run in the z/OS environment.
- Provides to Federal staff for audit interviews. Utilizes automation, tooling, reports, utilities, and batch programs necessary to minimize manual activities and provide meaningful audit and management reporting.
- Troubleshoots and tracks problem and incident tickets with vendors and clients.
- Supports scheduled weekend work, Disaster Recovery (DR) tests and participates in a shared on-call duty rotation for off-hours technical support.
- Third party software experience should include BMC lOA Control-M, Control-T, Control-O, SEA TRMS and SAVRS, or equivalent products.
- Large system performance and capacity measurements and reporting utilizing IBM's RMF and SMF data, SAS language, MXG software, and IntelliMagic Vision for z/OS.
Qualifications Required Education:
Bachelors and 9 years or more experience or HS and additional years of experience to include:
- IBM Mainframe z/OS Systems Programmer with 4+ years of experience with installation, modification, and maintenance of 3rd party software.
- Must be competent in SMP/e, TSO/e, ISPF, and SDSF, and comfortable working in a DF/SMS, SYSPLEX, RACF, and JES2 environment.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance before starting work
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability