Job ID: 194929
Location: ANDREWS AFB, MD, United States
Date Posted: Dec 19, 2019
Subcategory: Cyber Sec Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
· Provide on-going Vulnerability Management and Cybersecurity Operations support to the AF 844th Communications Group (CG), ISSO, ISSM, and Operation Centers by managing cybersecurity teams and coordinating with AFDW working groups.
· Deputy works directly with the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) and Information System Security Manager (ISSM), NCC, Server and Desktop Support Teams to implement a Cyber Ready 365 posture.
· Deputy is a key contributor in the Cyberspace focused boards, bureaus, centers, cells, and working groups (B2C2WG) (e.g., cyberspace resiliency working group).
· Deputy shall maintain communications and coordination between internal and external service providers in order to maintain situational awareness over the AFDW portion of the AFIN.
· Deputy is partnered with the Vulnerability Management (Cybersecurity Operations) Lead to share cyber-related management and operations responsibilities. Required on-site coverage from 0600-1800 is split between the lead and deputy, Monday through Friday. This includes sharing 24/7/365 on-call availability; responding within 2 hours as required.
· Travel up to 10%. Primary location is Joint Base Andrews. Occasional travel to Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, the Pentagon, and other locations.
Common Work Activities May Include:
· Coordinate with 24 AF organizations (83 NOS, 561 NOS, 26 NOS) to direct local level requirements for End Point Security (Host Based Security System [HBSS] / ARAD [Tanium]) product policies, monitoring, and upgrades.
· Manage Tenable Security Center vulnerability detection, assessment, and analysis (ACAS). Ensure ACAS servers are properly maintained and in compliance.
· Manage vulnerability remediation and monitoring (SCCM/Tanium) and provide oversite for vulnerability mitigation and compliance activities.
· Oversee coordination of POA&Ms with system owners.
· Draft, coordinate, and track POA&Ms with the local Cybersecurity offices, the AF, and associated DoD components.
· Oversee identification and draft mitigation guidance for vulnerabilities with no-vendor provided remediation.
· Analyze and Prioritize publicly disclosed vulnerabilities of vendor software/hardware products and develop mitigation/remediation orders.
· Manage daily, weekly, monthly and annual vulnerability metrics associated with affected and non-compliant DoD Assets.
· Develop, document, and convey Operational Requirements to enhance the identification, tracking, and remediation of system and network vulnerabilities.
· Oversee vulnerability mitigation and security activities to deliver 95% compliance for all messages, orders, and directives (e.g., IAVM, TCNOs, TASKORDS).
· Upon incident notification from AFDW Cybersecurity Offices, oversee incident mitigation activities, as required/mandated by the appropriate CNDSP, CSSP, PENTCIRT, NOS, DoD or 24th AF Component.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
· Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain a SECRET clearance, with the background required to pass a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· The Cybersecurity Operations Deputy shall possess a Bachelor’s (or Master’s) Degree in Computer Science, Cyberspace Operations, Cybersecurity, or a near equivalent degree program
· 9+ years of experience in IT Operations.
· 5+ years of experience managing teams in IT operation centers.
· DoD 8140/8570 IAM III certification required. (CISSP or equivalent IAM III certification).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability