This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 195052
Location: MIDDLETOWN, RI, United States
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2019
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Project Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Project Management Analyst to provide on-site financial and project management support at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Newport, RI. The individual will be responsible for assisting the Technical Project Manager (TPM) with aspects of project management including schedule, budget, and monthly status reporting utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM). The individual will use scheduling best practices to develop complex multi-year technical project schedules that are tracked and monitored for status utilizing Earned Value Management.
Some specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Generate and maintain an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) that includes all aspects of project execution. The IMS may include tasking from stakeholders outside of the NUWC organization which will require collaboration amongst various organizations. IMS will be generated using MS Project.
• Generation of monthly Earned Value Management (EVM) analysis reports delivered to the TPM which provides cost, schedule and technical data analysis of the Project execution.
• Track and monitor project risk
• Track project financials. Gather project financial data, tracking funding allocations, distributions, and expenditures, and develops financial status reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
• Develop technical reports, prepare assorted presentations, and assist with the management and tracking of other project data as required.
• Bachelor's degree in business (or related field)
• Minimum of 1-3 years related experience in the field or in a related area.
• MS Project proficiency (minimum 1-3 years’ experience)
• Working knowledge of Earned Value Management best practices and principles
• MS Office proficiency
• Ability to acquire government clearance
• DoD Experience
• Project Management Experience
• Earned Value Management experience on a technical project/program
• Quick learner and proactive
Additional skills: Must be able to operate independently, but also in a team environment and share information with others. Must show initiative and have the ability to work on multiple tasks with changing deadlines and priorities in an environment with frequent interruptions. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor, and flexibility are required; the ability to establish a solid working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers, and peers, and various Government and contractor personnel. Computer Skills are to include proficiency in MS Office Suite with advance skills in Excel. Must be highly motivated, and have excellent problem solving skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability