Job ID: 194921
Location: ANDREWS AFB, MD, United States
Date Posted: Aug 28, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Cloud Comp Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
POSITION TITLE: Principal Cloud Computing Engineer
SAIC is looking for a Cloud Architect to join the team supporting our customer in Maryland. Excellent technical abilities are the most vital asset for transitioning the customers’ solutions to cloud-based information technology (IT) infrastructure.
Candidates will leverage technical skills and knowledge including but not limited to: cloud providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS) for Government or Microsoft Azure GovCloud.
* Specializing in developing and implementing an organization's cloud services, including cost optimization and security policies.
* Primary focus is ensuring that content and application services in the cloud are always available and secure for users.
* Assists with tactical planning and engineering to implement application service in the cloud for successful mission operations.
* Support user training, as required.
* Contributes to or develops technical documentation.
* Contribute to technical presentations.
* Use applicable methodologies, modeling/estimating techniques, tools, applications, systems, software, or databases to perform assigned tasks.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills in order to collaborate with colleagues and assist customers.
* Effective project management skills in order to implement and monitor multiple cloud systems.
* Need strong analytical abilities to evaluate an organization's technical needs and select the right applications to meet them.
* Must possess variety of computing services, such as storage, servers, and software
* Bachelors and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more of related experience
* At least 3 years of experience leading and managing cloud infrastructure-based programs and/or projects, including mission critical programs, IT systems design and development.
* At least 3 years of proven experience in federal government IT Infrastructure program/project management
* Knowledge and expertise in NW and virtualization technology (such as AWS, Azure, VMware, etc.)
* Ability to interface with clients and gather requirements and facilitate meetings
* Experience with COTS integration as it relates to cloud based IT
* Strong communication skills and ability to work closely with customer in analyzing requirements
* Experience with security, especially knowledge of the DOD RMF process
* Demonstrable experience providing engineered IT solutions to large programs in support of the customer's mission.
* Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management.
* Ability to organize architecture teams in a collaborative environment that support proactive identification and delivery of architectural solutions that address the current and 'to be' state.
* VMware Advance Professional 5\6\6.5
* VMware Certified Professional (any)
* Network Virtualization
* Experience with AWS
* Experience with Microsoft Azure
* Experience with Federal government initiatives
* CompTIA Security+ ce
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: SECRET
US Citizenship required
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability