Job ID: 194914
Location: ANDREWS AFB, MD, United States
Date Posted: Aug 29, 2019
Category: Program Management
Subcategory: Program Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Duties and responsibilities: IT Project Manager in a fast pace, dynamic DoD support organization. Leads all hardware Lifecycle Refresh Project Management activities and ensures use of Project Management Institute best practices. Responsible for ensuring capability delivery via the products’ lifecycles that provisions enterprise software, infrastructure, cyber security, and network systems. Ensures progress via well planned, communicated, and documented actions within the Initiation Phase, Planning Phase, Execution Phase, Control/Monitoring, and Closing Phase of annual lifecycle refresh projects.
Primary Responsibilities include:
* Works collaboratively across program and customer leadership, work center leads, and other key stakeholders to ensure full integration and synchronization of lifecycle refresh activities.
* Ensures meeting coordination and clarity of scope, policy compliance, alignment within strategic objectives and program/portfolio plans, and thorough communication plan execution.
* Works with other managers and leads to ensure engineering, cyber and operations SME resource leveling actions to achieve project scope on time within budget.
* Directs project team to follow comprehensive communications and stakeholder engagement plan.
* Updates MS Project plans, maintain files on Project Server, & MS SharePoint.
* Use MS Office products to create and maintain project plans, schedules, Statements of Work, Bill of Materials, risk registers, presentations and briefings.
* Applies Risk Management principles to identify, analyze, mitigate, accept or ignore risks for all projects.
* Coordinates activities with program work center and government leads to ensure desired solutions are supportable/documented across all functions to include full cyber accreditation and network operations sustainment.
* Ensures all Scope changes are fully vetted and documented.
* Works closely with engineering and operations teams to minimize design time and reduce service transition risks.
Required Skills and Certifications:
* Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
* 7 years’ experience in IT Project Management
* US Citizenship
* Secret clearance
* DOD or Federal Government experience
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and apply other time management skills to operate effectively in a highly fluid, fast-paced environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, in both day-to-day operational and IT management interaction contexts
* Active PMP Certification
* ITIL V3 Foundations certified
* Scrum or Agile Certified
* CISCO, VMWare, Microsoft, Cyber Security certification(s) a strong plus.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability