Job ID: 194913
Location: ANDREWS AFB, MD, United States
Date Posted: Aug 14, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Telecom Support
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
POSITION TITLE: Voice Communication Systems Team Lead
Overall responsible for operational support of voice services team. Oversees the support teams and scheduling of voice services support activities to ensure the availability of the customer’s communication assets (Mobile and Telecom). Develops, implements, and maintains policies and procedures to maximize the quality of service. Manages the implementation of new technologies in partnership with the customer and other work center leads. Directs the work of a team of telecommunications specialists as well as personal wireless specialists
- Candidate must be able to adhere to adverse schedules due to the nature of the customer’s missions
- Expertise applying knowledge of VoIP and VoSIP protocols, architectures and configuration changes.
- Analyze data and provide reports and metrics as needed to support desktop and mobile telephone requirements analysis and growth planning.
- Coordinate and assign all work through the use of designated ticketing system in use by the customer.
- Expertise identifying, implementing and directing project based software or hardware upgrades while adhering to Change Management processes.
- Setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining documentation, installing phone software, and validating and implementing critical patches
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Assist in the implementation of policies and standards related to the use of telephone instrument resources, operational aspects of telephone systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Schedules, plans, and oversees telephone upgrades.
- Captures functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with telephone systems teams for systematic enhancements or changes.
- Analyzes end user phone device faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on hardware to detect problems.
- Initiates preventive maintenance and repairs on telephone devices
- Interfaces with vendors for trouble calls.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of error control and making recommendations for improving.
- Ensuring problems are escalated and tracked at the proper priority level.
- Producing management information related to problem management.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT:
- Supervises experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence. - Often heads one or more departments.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates. - Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
- Establishes operating policies and procedures that affect departments and subordinate sections and work units. - Interprets company-wide policies and procedures. - May involved in development of budgets, schedules and performance standards.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
- Assignments are objective oriented. - Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization's objectives and timelines.
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes and outcomes. - Erroneous decisions result in critical delays and modifications to projects or operations; cause substantial expenditure of additional time, workforce, and funds; and jeopardize future business activity.
- CompTIA Security+ ce, required - ITIL, desired - Registered Telecommunications Project Manager, desired
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
AA Degree in related discipline and six (6) years or more of related experience; Or, High School and eight (8) years of related experience with relevant certification.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability