SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Red Team Lead (Cybersecurity) to support the Naval Information Forces Headquarters (NAVIFOR HQ).
The scope of the position includes network security engineering, testing, assessment, analysis, and documentation of complex networks designed to provide boundary defense from sophisticated threat actors. Candidates must have a strong understanding of modern network technologies, protocols (e.g. TCP, SMTP, DNS, SSH, etc.), and security practices. Candidates must be well versed in common network scanning tools that support network discovery, compliance reporting, and vulnerability assessment. Candidates must well versed in reviewing, analyzing, and commenting on secure network design, federal security and operational requirements (e.g. NIST SP 800-53r4, CNNSI 1253, etc.). Candidates must be able to adopt a threat actor’s perspective when performing design assurance to ensure these systems are not only compliant, but offer effective security measures against advanced threats. Candidates must be able to communicate plans, findings, and analysis effectively through verbal and written means.
This position is contingent upon contract award and will be located in Suffolk, VA.
- Provide subject matter expertise focusing on red team operations, working to test defensive mechanisms in an organization
- Build and lead Red Team engagements for our internal customers
- Provide hands-on, penetration testing and Red Team engagement expertise
- Conduct vulnerability assessments on a wide variety of technologies and implementations utilizing both automated tools and manual techniques
- Develop scripts, tools and methodologies to enhance SAIC’s Red Team processes
- Simulate sophisticated cyberattacks to identify vulnerabilities
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
- Assist in the scoping of prospective engagements, leading engagements from initial stages through implementation and remediation
- Help mentor and develop less experienced staff
- Experience in Concept and TTP development for emulation of Cyber Adversaries
- Experience in Exercise planning, MESL development, and execution of COCOM, Fleet, and Special Operations cyber assessments and exercises.
- Experience in Remote exploitation technical capabilities and TTP.
- Experience in Close Access Team technical capabilities and TTP.
- Experience in Management of hardware/software operational infrastructure associated with Red Team types of “attack platforms.”
- Experience in Operation of commercial and open source network cyber assessment tools (e.g. Core Impact and Rapid7 Metasploit).
- Experience in Computer network platforms, architecture, programming languages and/or development/testing methodology for networked systems.
- Experience in Operational Risk Management (ORM) concepts and application.
- Experience in Application of industry standards for secure software development and lifecycle management.
- Experience in Design, development, testing, modification and operational application of attack and exploitation tools. (to include familiarity with industry standard software engineering concepts and languages such as C+, Python, PHP, etc.).
- Experience in Exploitation and vulnerabilities associated with most common operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc.), protocols (HTTP, FTP, etc.), and network security services (PKI, HTTPS, etc.).
- Experience in improvising courses of action (COAs) and capability development/modification during operations (i.e. remote access/exploitation and close access team operations) to achieve desired red teaming effects.
- Experience in Development, modification, and utilization of network enumeration engines, Open Source Research (OSR) engines, and reverse engineering exploitation frameworks.
- Experience in Development of network systems and architectures to allow Red Team operations in a non-traceable and non-attributable manner.
- Experience in Development of advanced hacking capabilities (e.g. botnet, client deception, advanced Trojans, data exfiltration, mobile device discovery and exploitation).
- Information Assurance Work Force (IAWF)/Cyber Security Work Force DoD 8570.01-M IAT level II – COMP TIA Security plus (Security +), and relevant operating system.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or four years of experience in lieu of degree.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability