SAIC is building Flexible Agile/DevOps Software Teams to support the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Office of Information Technology (OIT) in its mission to ensure the security, integrity and productivity of TSA and its employees through Information Technology. These teams will provide full service, enterprise-focused applications development capabilities where IT services are delivered through state-of-the-art, service- enabled IT software systems and dynamic computing environments.
The Lead Application Engineer oversees software development and integration activities across SAIC agile teams and is responsible for technical success of this program.
- S/he will lead technical efforts, manage task assignments and technical work, and integrate activities in accordance with contract requirements to meet technical, resource, and schedule requirements.
- The Lead Application Engineer will coordinate with the PM to manage risks, maintain strong customer relationships, and maintain a highly qualified, motivated program team. This person will lead the team’s compliance with quality standards, propose edits to standards if necessary, and escalate challenges to the PM and the customer.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ownership of program technical architecture and design throughout the life cycle, from initiation to deployment.
- Lead the team in establishing technical practices, technical processes, tools, and templates
- Allocate requirements and features to architectural and design elements, establish interim technical success criteria by phase (design, implementation, test)
- Oversee CI/CD tool setup and maintenance
- Collaborate with the the customer to identify and analyze alternatives and propose architecture and product design.
- S/he will perform development activities as needed, be actively engaged in O&M activities related to application restoration, analyzing root cause, fixing and reporting on production issues; write concept and system design documentation in accordance with DHS procedures;mentor the team and identify needs for training and resources; participate in recruitments and roll offs; and represent technical teams to the Change Control Board or other governance structures.
REQUIRED AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Computer Science and 10 years or more of experience with modern programming languages, web frameworks, modern front-end web programming techniques and frameworks, relational databases, automated configuration management, continuous integration/deployment, and continuous monitoring solutions.
- Higher degrees with less years of related experience may be exchanged: Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability