The Department of State, Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) Telecommunications, Wireless, and Data (TWD) Division provides its users with mission critical LAN/WAN data and voice services across multiple locations in the DC Metro Area. In support of these services, the phone systems administrator/installation technician supports the Department of State (DoS) Vanguard Program, Service Management Office (SMO. The technician implements/maintains communications systems by installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment.
Description of Duties:
- Configures IP VOIP, digital, and analog phones and extensions.
- Coordinates installation with other contractors and service providers.
- Troubleshoots and resolves voice service outages, tests network back-up procedures, and updates documentation, as needed.
- Administers Avaya phone systems and voice mail systems for over 40+ US sites
- Performs routine and complex administration of voice services (Avaya voice switches and voice mail systems)
- Develop telecommunication solutions to address user needs
- Monitors, logs and track work task performed in a separate data base system
- Identify out-of-sync conditions between separate data base system with telephony information and actual telephone switch
- Develops and recommends solutions to correct out-of-sync conditions between separate data base with telephony information and actual telephone switch
- AA Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience; Or, High School and five (5) years or related experience
- 2+ years experience with Avaya Switch Systems, Cisco, Secure Telephone, or Video Communications
- Ability to interface with end users.
- Willingness to travel and work out of hours and weekends providing on-call support as needed.
- Telecommunications Knowledge, Telecommunications Technologies, Provisioning, Technical Understanding, Functional and Technical Skills, Independence, Attention to Detail, Verbal Communication, and Documentation Skills.
- Working knowledge of AAR (Automatic Alternate Routing) and ARS (Automatic Route Selection) in voice network environment
- Working knowledge and experience with complex Uniform Dial Plans (5-digit dial numbering plans)
- Experience in the design and operation of Avaya Call Center Telephony
- Experience with Avaya Call Center portfolio – ACD (Automatic Call Distribution), EAS (Expert Agent Selection), CMS (Call Management System) and BCMR (Basic Call Management Reporting)
- Experience with Call Vector Designing, testing and problem solving
- Experience with detailed call flowcharts and end-to-end Visio designs
- Experience planning and providing support for Avaya Aura user features/applications
Interim Secret or Secret to start
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability