Job ID: 194878
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Field Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Join SAIC’s team to provide best-in-class technical security engineering, design, installation, maintenance, repair, and project management services in support of the U.S. Department of State (DOS). The current international environment presents significant challenges for the conduct of U.S. diplomacy abroad with physical and technological attacks occurring even in friendly countries. DOS is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for the conduct of U.S. foreign policy.
Supporting systems include:
• Perimeter and electronic/airborne surveillance using closed-circuit television systems and local airspace surveillance technology including counter UAS
• Access control systems such as vehicle barricades, forced-entry-resistant doors, and strategically-placed access denial systems that can be remotely operated to protect our facilities from unauthorized intruders.
• Public address and duck-and-cover systems that direct employees to quickly move to a safe-haven location within the embassy.
• Connect the DS technical security systems globally, providing operational security information and technical security data for U.S. Government facilities worldwide.
The Systems Integration and Monitoring (SIM) program is responsible for evaluating, identifying, planning, deploying, integrating and managing technical security systems. The worldwide integration of these technical security systems provides data availability to staff at post, and to remote monitoring centers to better protect people, information, facilities, and operations.
The Lead Field Engineer will be an experienced field engineer with the ability to provide technical and operational support to the technical/network platforms in the Counter Unmanned Aerial Systems. SAIC shall assist the government in developing and evolving the CUAS program including the following components and characteristics: the program framework – objectives, authorities, legal considerations; program policy and operating guidance; and, system development, testing and evaluation, fielding, maintenance and sustainment, and training strategies.
• Provide hands on support for technical and network projects involving counter UAS.
• Provide support specific to technical requirements gathering and coordination with client/vendor/stakeholders
• Work in a team environment to coordinate all requirements, technologies, and project status with Senior Leadership, Security, Field Elements, DOS Contractors and other Agencies.
• Draft and review technical SOW and Proposals for instructions on the repair and maintenance of equipment.
• Work in tandem with vendors to make equipment recommendations/modifications due to specifications of operating environments.
Education and Skill Requirements:
• HS and eighteen (18) years or more of experience; Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.Ten (10) years technical experience working as a field engineer installing, configuring, maintaining, repairing, T&I, operating and effectively training end users on how to operate equipment
• Demonstrated managerial experience required
• Minimum travel required is approximately 25-50% to high threat areas worldwide.
• TS/SCI Eligible Security Clearance.
• Demonstrated experience in counter-UAS technology
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability