Job ID: 194877
Location: ARLINGTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Join SAIC’s team to provide best-in-class technical security engineering, design, installation, maintenance, repair, and project management services in support of the U.S. Department of State (DOS). The current international environment presents significant challenges for the conduct of U.S. diplomacy abroad with physical and technological attacks occurring even in friendly countries. DOS is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for the conduct of U.S. foreign policy.
Supporting systems include:
• Perimeter surveillance using closed-circuit television systems (analog and digital),
• Access control systems including those with advanced biometric authentication capability. Also including vehicle barricades, forced-entry-resistant doors, and strategically-placed access denial systems that can be remotely operated to protect our facilities from unauthorized intruders.
• Public address and duck-and-cover systems that direct employees to quickly move to a safe-haven location within the embassy.
• Connect the DS technical security systems globally, providing operational security information and technical security data for U.S. Government facilities worldwide.
The Systems Integration and Monitoring (SIM) program is responsible for evaluating, identifying, planning, deploying, integrating and managing technical security systems and biometric capabilities. The worldwide integration of these technical security systems and biometric capabilities provides data availability to staff at post, and to remote monitoring centers to better protect people, information, facilities, and operations. Biometric authentication systems can include contactless fingerprint scanners, iris readers, and facial recognition.
The Sr Biometric/Network Engineering Manager will provide Program/Project Management and Policy guidance for all authoritative systems, security, and information technologies in the areas of integration, engineering, and development. The successful candidate should be a Subject Matter Expert in enterprise security, biometric solutions (govt.), network security and systems engineering.
• Oversee all integration, engineering and development activities relate to biometrics, networking, and high-definition video systems.
• Support the development of Policy and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for assigned Government activities
• Provide authoritative Systems, Security and Information Technology guidance
• Create budgets and schedules for Technology, Integration & Engineering (TIE) related SIM Projects.
• Develop documents defining standards, client requirements and needs.
• Ensures communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives.
• Performs ongoing review of program status; identifies risks and risk mitigation strategies.
• Documents program progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks and successes to maintain program course.
• Maintain grade and quality of program deliverables within defined and agreed upon program requirements.
• Identify and resolve matters of significance impacting the productivity global support activities.
• Interface with team members, stakeholders and management to anticipate and manage changes to projects, e.g., technical requirements, business requirements and schedule.
• Identify and gather information regarding possible solutions that may create additional, different or unique project objectives or results.
• Participate in discussions regarding project-related decisions and project direction at the executive level.
• Manage expectations of client /senior management, company management and project teams for agreed upon project performance by obtaining, providing and interpreting project success.
• Assign work and provide direction with regard to timeliness and completion of objectives.
• Prepare and recommend program SOP’s and personnel budgets for approval
• Balance program resources (people, budget, material, time) to optimize program objectives
Education and Skill Requirements:
• Associates degree and sixteen (16) years or more of experience in engineering enterprise security solutions; Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience in engineering enterprise security solutions; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience in engineering enterprise security solutions. Degree in computer science (experience can be substituted for education)
• Ten (10) years managing Technology and Engineering Projects
• Minimum TS security clearance
• Minimum travel required is approximately 25-50% to high threat areas worldwide.
• Demonstrated and extensive experience with biometric authentication systems.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability