Job ID: 194898
Location: ANDREWS AFB, MD, United States
Date Posted: Dec 19, 2019
Subcategory: Cyber Sec Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
The Cyber Security Analyst (Vulnerability Remediation, Security Controls) position is an entry-level cybersecurity position and growth opportunity inside a large and diverse Air Force IT Services contract at Joint Base Andrews, MD. Selected candidates are encouraged to utilize this position to gain experience and expand their cybersecurity skillset, so that they can meet job requirements for more challenging future roles. Technology modernization will require candidates to learn, adapt their work to changing enterprise environments, and cross-train in new skills.
WORK PERFORMED MAY INCLUDE
· Administering vulnerability mitigation and security activities (security control configuration and implementation) to deliver 95% compliance for all messages, orders, and directives (e.g. IAVM, TCNO, TASKORD).
· Utilizing COTS/GOTS and custom tools and processes/procedures in order perform vulnerability mitigation activities, as required by appropriate CSSP, PENTCIRT, NOS, DoD, or 24 AF components.
· Making recommendations on process tailoring.
· Configuration, management, and operation of AFDW assigned instances of automated vulnerability management systems (SCCM, McAfee ePO [ARAD/HBSS])
· Building, and deploying remediation packages for automated vulnerability management systems (SCCM, McAfee ePO [ARAD/HBSS]) when not available from DoD and Air Force enterprise service providers.
· Briefings to senior staff.
· Providing information and/or analysis to incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
· Coordination with corresponding 24th AF organizations (e.g. 83 NOS, 561 NOS, 26 NOS) and administer local level requirements to ensure Endpoint Security (HBSS) products are current and operational in AFDW host systems IAW USCYBERCOM, AFCYBER, and applicable DoD orders or policies.
· Analysis to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
· Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
· Cross-training with Cybersecurity Analysts specializing in Vulnerability Assessment.
· Learning and applying new vulnerability mitigation toolkits such as ARAD (Tanium).
· Interaction with a diverse number of customer contacts to provide or request actions or information.
· Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
· Works under general direction on routine work.
· May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
· Follows established procedures; Makes suggestions in procedure optimization.
· Work is peer-reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall quality control, and accuracy.
· Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
· Contributes to completion of milestones associated with vulnerability mitigation, compliance, and risk awareness.
· Contributes to the modernization of vulnerability reporting and analysis beyond mitigation metrics.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability