NMCC Change & Release Manager is a governance or quality oversight role that ensures that the right level or due diligence and requirements are applied to each change and release based on an accepted process and a proactively developed set of acceptance criteria that are applied based on the change/ release risk and complexity. This position is responsible for configuration items (CI) internally controlled within the NMCC to include system and facility components. The Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3) community determines the CM tools used within the NMCC and currently the system used is VISIONAEL.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Manage, develop and communicate the end to end Change & Release Management process.
- Participate in Technical Reviews and Change Authority Boards (CAB).
- Ensure CRQs are submitted with accurate information and in compliance with processes.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders in changes and releases.
- Maintain unified change/ release calendar. Initiate New IT Change Requirements.
- Closely work with Configuration management on accurate CMDB updates.
- Ensure coordination of build and test environment teams and release teams.
- Ensure the teams follow the organization established policies and procedures.
- Provides management reports on change & release progress.
- Service release and deployment policy and planning.
- Deals with release package design, build and configuration.
- Deals with service roll out planning including method of deployment.
- Deals with release package testing to predefined acceptance criteria.
- Work with Project Managers to ensure that products are ready to support the release in build, test and production.
Required Skills and Certifications:
- ITIL Foundation Certificate, ITIL Release Control and Validation (RCV) a plus.
- Experienced in documenting and revising processes and procedures.
- Clear, authoritative and professional communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and deliver to deadline.
- Experience preparing for and chairing meetings.
- Self-motivation and drive for continuous improvement.
- Natural team player with desire to encourage interaction and integration.
- Confidence to contribute at meetings with attendees of varied business cultures.
- Knowledge of Remedy ITSM.
Active Top Secret security clearance
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Experience with VISIONAEL or similar configuration management tool used in the NC3 enterprise.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability