Strategic Facilities Planner
Job ID: 194796
Location: CRANE, IN, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2019
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
- Plans and manages all aspects of the facilities function which may include but is not limited to maintenance, equipment, machinery, construction, building space allocation and layout, office services, leased properties and furnishings, and communication services.
- Plans, budgets and schedules facilities modifications and moves.
- Inspects construction and installation progress to ensure conformance with established specifications and to comply with company and/or government regulations.
- Frequent use and application of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- General application of concepts and principles.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Participates in the development of solutions to a variety of problems moderate in scope and complexity. Often refers to policies, procedures and practices for guidance.
- FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under general direction on routine work. May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- IMPACT: Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to correct.
- LIASON: Frequent internal company and external contacts. Represents organization on specific projects.
Provides strategic facilities planning for Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Crane Division Facility Management Branch.
Position interacts with our government customers on a daily basis providing technical support and solutions to complex facility planning problems within a physical portfolio encompassing over 300 facility assets totaling over 3 million square feet.
Translating facility requirements into project scopes, conceptual designs, and cost estimates. Developing strategic project concepts including military construction (MILCON) scale projects. Develop floor plans and site plans (Computer Aided Design).
Provide facility planning support for surge tasking, including data collection, analysis, and reporting for space allocation, real property, facility planning, Basic Facility Requirements (BFRs), Form 1391 development, military construction (MILCON) planning, and related tasking.
Qualifications Education & Experience
This support requires solid understanding of facility scope development, costing, and good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Schedule flexibility, accuracy, and communication skills (desired).
Excellent computer and MS Office skills (desired).
CAD computer skills – AutoCAD (preferred).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability