SAIC has multiple contingent openings for a RAS IOP Capability Developer to provide JCIDS research and writing support to current, new start and Army directed products and initiatives. Identify and define interoperability standards to be organized and maintained within the Robotics Interoperability Profile (IOP). This IOP will be employed by various Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV) and Unmanned Air Systems (UAS) capability developers and acquisition program managers in the acquisition of future Programs of Record, the upgrade of fielded systems, and the evaluation/acquisition of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) products. Leverage existing and emerging standards within the UGV and UAS community with the end result of facilitating interoperability among new and legacy systems, Interoperability between current controllers and the Army’s future universal controller. Provide technical support and strategic assessments to standardize interoperable technology standards. Write and staff all assessment, reports and corresponding documentation. Collaborate with various stakeholders across the Army to ensure seamless integration with existing and future network and mission command platforms. Ensure payload modularity and commonality across the robotic portfolio. Provide the base concepts, architecture, requirements and overview for the Robotics IOP. Provide conformance and validation approach to employ within the IOP standard. Manage creation and update of existing and new IOP documents, capabilities plans and requirements generation at the United States Army – Robotics Requirements Directorate at Fort Benning, GA.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A BS degree from an accredited institution in Information Systems, Robotics, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics. To qualify based on experience, resume must describe at least three (3) years of practical experience in developing and implementing interoperability profiles, which prepares the applicant to do the designated work.
All candidates’ resumes must depict having comprehensive knowledge, expertise, and related experience to perform tasks related to:
- General working knowledge of various analytical areas of expertise in AI (machine/reinforcement learning, statistics, analytics, etc.)
- May be required to travel and participate in the following events as needed, in support of RDD: Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews (PDRs and CDRs), prototype development, technical demonstrations, training courses, and testing and evaluation events.
- Possess the ability to effectively communicate ideas in writing and orally articulate thoughts to support the development of DOTMLPF products.
- Must possess a Secret Clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Have demonstrated skill operating a computer to input, retrieve, develop, and manipulate a variety of data and possess working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office tools to perform said tasks.
- Personnel will have experience with U.S. Army protocols, Army writing style, and how such protocols relate to writing memorandums, information papers, white papers, and briefings.
- Familiarity with TRADOC Pam 525-series; CJSCI 3170.01; TRADOC Reg 71-20
- In accordance with the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) must be able to obtain Defense Acquisition University (DAU) Capability Development Level 1 Certification within 6 months of start of the contract. A general working knowledge of various military, government, and civilian robotic technologies architecture and programs.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability