This federal financial agency is America’s trusted digital resource for taxpayers to find what they need to effectively and simply meet their tax responsibilities whenever and wherever needed. This position will support internal thought leaders and key executives to drive the vision, strategy, design, and execution of the product in collaboration with the various federal financial agencies and external businesses.
The Enterprise Content Management Lead guides the development and continuous support of the content management technical platform, partners with business groups to facilitate adoption and migration of unstructured data and documents into the platform, provides training and support to business groups, and partners with business groups to design document taxonomies, define meta-data, and design document migration processes.
The successful candidate will have significant experience with large companies or government entities, providing subject matter expertise and delivering meaningful and useful content to customers to create a compelling customer experience. She will be able to translate strategy into a plan of discrete activities, and influence the goals of multiple stakeholders in a highly complex organization. A background in technology and/or digital transformation is important, as this individual is expected to function as a trusted advisor to customer leadership, and must build credibility based on domain expertise.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Research places where customers consume content
• Leverage data analysis and digital technology to create and sustain personalized content experiences for diverse audiences, helping them make faster decisions and complete critical tasks
• Evaluate content and assist with content migrations
• Complete a full content inventory and use ROT (Redundant, Outdated, or Trivial) analysis to identify what should be moved, removed, edited or reborn
• Structure and tag content so both internal and external users can easily find it – no matter the platform or device
• Create and establish editorial guidelines, publishing models, taxonomy dictionaries, standard processes & procedures, and identify information architecture models
• Continuously measure user behavior to identify opportunities for improvement
• Research and test systems using tools such as use stories, test cases/ scripts, front-end user testing
• Develop future-state Content Management vision, strategy, and high-level roadmap
• Design, implement and manage the irs.gov publishing model
• Advise on Web content development such as plain language usage, web writing principles/ best practices
• Perform other activities as required, such as briefings and presentations, draft communication materials (such as newsletters, instructional guides, or Web content), and other events to engage and inform organization stakeholders.
Education and Experience:
Multiple years (3+) leading content management efforts. Experience developing and executing an Enterprise Content Management plan.
Experience leading a team of SMEs, analysts, trainers, engineers and/or administrative specialists.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability