Job ID: 194639
Location: FLEXWORK, MD, United States
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2020
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
SAIC is building a team to support the National Institutes of Health's IT Development and their effort to implement a set of common functional Shared Services and is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join this team.
The Senior Software Developer will be lead software engineer in a highly qualified, motivated program team. They will perform architecture and design of software systems, write custom software, lead and perform implementation of unit tests, and lead the construction and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines in a DevOps, agile process environment.
They will provide technical leadership of mid and junior level developers. They will lead selection of reuse, COTS, or custom development in accord with customer enterprise goals and preferences to minimize customer's total cost of ownership. They will devise future solutions while making technology choices from the NHLBI's standard Bricks and Patterns, a customer-specified technology set.
Other responsibilities include:
· Establishing coding standards
· Lead and perform user interaction design, user interface requirements
· Supporting PM and TPM in making estimates of effort, code size, and compute resources
· Lead profiling, performance measurement, diagnosis of performance issues
· Lead efforts to locate, test, install, and use specialized software tools and frameworks
· Use static checking tools, security analysis tools, seek out and apply secure coding standards.
· Migration of legacy applications
· Oversight of migration of data from legacy storage
· Support definition of technical accomplishment metrics and report technical progress.
· Communicating regularly to the TPM and PM on task status and emerging risks.
· Coordinate with the TPM in maintaining technical practices, technical processes, tools, and templates.
· BS degree in engineering, mathematics, or science field
· Development experience with systems using RDBMS, GUI, browser front ends, server side Java or node.js.
· 8+ years software development experience
· Knowledge of Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Event Driven Architecture (EDA)
· Hands on experience with development of web applications or service based systems
· Knowledge of JIRA
· Experience with DevOps and CI/CD tools
Must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability