SAIC is in need of a Systems Analyst to support our NAVAIR 4.1 Systems Engineering program in Lexington Park, MD.
The Systems Analyst will be responsible for collecting information to analyze and evaluate as well as performing logical and physical system design and reviews and prepares system documents and specifications. The Analyst will be tasked with the conduction of technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with system. They will prepare reports, studies and documentation and deliver presentations and participate in meetings. The Analyst may be tasked with working on special problem areas; administers complex areas of the network, security analysis and planning.
The Systems Analyst will be responsible for assisting in the development of the Naval IME: Participate in the development of the Naval IME by working with team members as they design and deploy additional capabilities for the Naval IME. This includes working with NAVAIR data center admins, users, and DWO/SET leadership.
The Systems Analyst wll support the Naval IME Service Desk: Provide supplemental support for the Naval IME Service Desk by helping the team solve complicated issues, process account requests, and further develop the Service Desk capabilities. They will be responsible for developing Naval IME Training Content:
- Work with Naval IME and SET Training team members to identify and develop small Naval IME modules to assist users.
- Modules may be in the form of Knowledge Base articles, videos, or webinars that will be distributed via the Naval IME Knowledge Base and SET Training sites.
The Systems Analyst may be tasked with providing Naval IME Support for MBSE Training:
- Work with the SET Training team to coordinate and support NAVAIR MBSE training.
- Work with Naval IME and SET Training team members to develop specific software packages to, support training, support students using the software, and documenting lessons learned for use of those packages.
- U.S. Citizen with an Active Secret Level Security Clearance
- BS or BA degree in a related scientific/engineering field from an accredited college or university and six (6) years of recent and relevant professional experience in a technical analysis position with mid-sized client-server systems in systems analysis, software design, software development and database administration.
- Additional years of experience can be substituted for degree requirement. AS or AA and 4 additional years. HS and 8 additional years.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance, quality control, and independent verification and validation techniques.
- Experience working independently and as part of a team in researching data, developing analytical techniques and methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of system acquisition practices required to design, develop, integrate, test and manufacture a major system is required. Performs tasks with little or no guidance.
- Prior work with NAVAIR weapons systems Prior support to any of the following:
- Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F/A-18, EA-6, AV-8, V-22
- Commercial Derivative Aircraft Tactical Reconnaissance Unmanned Air Systems or Vehicles (UAS, UAV, UCLASS)
- Scan Eagle, Fire Scout, Broad Area Maritime (BAMS), Shadow UAS, Ariel Targets Systems E-2
- C-130, KC-130 P-3, P-8 H-1, H-60
- H-53 Joint Tactical Combat Training Systems Night vision devices, cockpit or runway lighting systems
- NAVAIR mission planning and related systems
- Advanced Avionics Technology Demonstration
- Common Avionics Electronic Warfare (EW) systems Communications systems
- Navigation systems, Advanced Tactical Surveillance Integrated Tactical Decision Aids
- Weapons Engagement Rehearsal Aids (E&RA)
- Theater Ballistic Missile Defense Aircraft / Weapon integration Joint Precision Approach Landing System (JPALS) Aircraft Launch and Recovery, EMALS Joint Service Aircraft programs.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability