Sr. Model Based Systems Engineer(MBSE)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 194327
Location: LEXINGTON PARK, MD, United States
Date Posted: Oct 23, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
NAVAIR has undertaken an organization-wide initiative for reengineering the entire acquisition process with the end product being a set of related models that fully describe, and to various degrees, analyze the desired systems using Model Based Systems Engineering (SysML). This means solutions requiring creative thinking and a variety of computer skills.
Do you have detailed knowledge and experience developing a variety of SysML models at the project / department level? Can you lead the execution of complex tasks with little or no guidance? If so, SAIC is in need of a Sr. Level Model Based Systems Engineer (MBSE) to support our NAVAIR System Engineering Transformation (SET) team in Lexington Park, MD.
- U.S. Citizen with an Active Secret Level Security Clearance.
- Detailed knowledge and experience developing a variety of SysML models at the project / department level.
- Worked on requirements modeling, use case analysis, interface design, parametrics, and created SysML profiles.
- Awareness of SysML challenges and semantic subtleties to overcome potential Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) issues.
- Experience with an object-oriented language (Java, Python, C++, etc.) using OO techniques.
- Knowledge of one or more of these concepts as they apply to SysML: Inheritance, aggregation, interface, design pattern, loose coupling, high cohesion, abstraction, properties, and / or methods.
- Experience with DevOps, workflow processes, repository usage, issue tracking, and configuration management.
- Experience/understanding of Systems Engineering concepts.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills.
- An MS or MA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline or a BS or BA degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related scientific discipline and an additional four (4) years of recent and relevant experience may be substituted for a MS or MA degree.
- These four (4) years of experience are in addition to the required minimum of ten (10) years of recent and relevant experience in an engineering position, three (3) of which must be directly related to naval systems, therefore, requiring a total of fourteen (14) years of experience.
- Experience/understanding of one or more domains: Test and Evaluation, Safety, Cyber Security, Reliability, Propulsion, Structures.
- Awareness of enterprise IT issues/concepts.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability