seeking a Social Scientist. This position will provide support to NGA by
applying extensive knowledge of various sciences (e.g., Human Factors,
Marketing, or Psychology) and experience applying web usability testing methods
of web user research studies (e.g., usability studies, creation of user
profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and
- Conduct UX research (to conduct heuristic evaluations)
on websites, software applications, and mobile apps for NGA’s web
enterprises to enhance the NGA user’s experience.
- Design user-centered test plans across the design cycle
from concept phase to post-release evaluations.
- Conduct web research studies (e.g., usability studies,
creation of personas, and cognitive walkthroughs) to design user-centered
test plans across the design cycle from concept phase to post-release
- Incorporate quantitative and qualitative UX research
methodologies to convey complex technical and business requirements.
- Conduct UX research through usability testing,
interviews, card sorting, and other industry methodologies. Based on that
research, provide data-driven reports, in a variety of formats, to diverse
- Create and deliver UX educational and informational
- Conduct and incorporate UX research techniques such as
observations, understandings, analysis, interviews, surveys,
questionnaires, card sorts, usability tests, tree tests, and A/B testing
to prove or disprove assumptions, find commonalities across our target
audience members, and recognize their needs, goals, and mental models in
the NGA digital space either live or remote.
- Communicate research findings via written reports and
- Apply web usability testing methods of web user
research studies (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or
personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and
- MS in Social Science and 13 years of experience
- Must possess current TS/SCI clearance and pass CI
- Demonstrated experience applying product usability
moderating and/or test method selection.
- Demonstrated experience integrating consumer research
into a business’s product design practice.
- Demonstrated experience with product usability testing
- Demonstrated experience utilizing methodology concepts
for analysis and brief findings to organizations as necessary.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in UX research or related field.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in statistical analysis, qualitative analysis, and/or quantitative analysis.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with analytics tools.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability