SAIC is in need of an Academic Training/Fleet Synthetic Training (FST) SME to support our Advanced Analytics, Simulation, and Training Service Line, in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group at Commander, Expeditionary Training Group Atlantic, Little Creek, VA.
The Training SME will provide fleet training support as a subject matter expert (SME) to EWTGLANT. Training SMEs are highly-skilled persons with knowledge gained over years of experience at senior levels. The Training SME will be responsible for promoting greater information sharing for staffs and stakeholders as well as providing realistic as well as reliable, consistent support and well-developed recommendations to various audiences in training and real world events.
The Training SME is responsible for the maintenance and integrity of the training objectives, and maintain a knowledge base that is consistent with the requirements that cover the full spectrum of the listed Functional Area duties. SMEs serve as the catalyst for developing and evaluating requirements.
Specific Functional Area duties include:
- Provide expertise and support on applicable tactical and operational-level joint, coalition and service doctrine
- Review applicable Combatant Commander (CCDR) and theater-specific contingency plans and theater-specific operational plans (OPLANS)
- Function as an academic instructor in the expeditionary warfare area
- Assist the Joint Exercise Control Group (JECG) in the development of the scenario, road to crisis, operational environment, and specific storylines that ensure the commander's training objectives are accomplished
- Utilize the Master Scenario Event List (MSEL) tool to track storylines and specific events
- Provide warfare curriculum development and execution utilizing synthetic war gaming software (e.g. JSAF, MAGTF Tactical Warfare Simulator (MTWS), etc.) for synthetic events/exercises
- Provide support for curriculum review, development, and implementation for academics of warfare training requirements
- Provide significant expertise in all combat mission areas with the operational and technical acumen for training, mentoring and assessing training audiences
- Provide expertise/manning for white cell elements of synthetic training events/exercises and support of live events
- Develop synthetic exercise injects to enable accomplishment of training objectives for synthetic training event and support of live events
- U.S. citizen with Secret Clearance and Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree
- Active military duty operational experience as a member of a Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) or an Amphibious Ready Group (ARG) staff
- Solid understanding of USN and USMC command structure and functional responsibilities
- Six (6) years of general technical and Functional Area experience; eight (8) years in lieu of degree will be considered
- Five (5) years of senior trainer/evaluator experience
- Must possess proven written and verbal communication skills at the junior management and senior executive level, and be able to act independently
- Experience in use of MS Office products. The ideal candidate will be a senior trainer/evaluator with experience in naval fleet synthetic training development, execution, and evaluation, and simulation program operation.
- Recent tour in a military staff operations department billet
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Expeditionary Operations particularly Landing Force Operations Center and/or Supporting Arms Coordination Center procedures.
- Model and Simulation experience, with the MTWS simulation and/or JSAF.
- Recent experience in joint and naval exercises, war gaming, and exercise/event planning
- Familiarity and solid understanding of Fleet Training policy documents, including the Optimized Fleet Response Plan (OFRP), Fleet Readiness Training Plan (FRTP) and Fleet Training Continuum (FTC)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability