Join SAIC on a new four year contract and help our customer develop and integrate the latest IT and Cloud technologies! Our work schedules are flexible, but our commitment to excellent customer service, integrity, grit, and innovation are not.
SAIC is seeking an Expert Systems Engineer/Strategic Initiative Officer to perform strategic planning, customer integration and collaboration, conduct information technology (IT) oversight to include systems engineering, integration, technical performance analysis, governance and IT policy.
In this role you will:
- Assist the customer with strategic planning and integration efforts of specific initiatives across the IC.
- Develop community collaboration plans, coordinate with agency stakeholders, conduct engagement events/community meetings, gather data and information related to initiatives and new capabilities.
- Assess IC data and information, identify data trends, and develop communication packages (briefings, white papers, etc.) on initiative current status as well as potential future impacts and plans.
- Assist with developing strategic goals and objectives and ensuring technical feasibility with respect to strategy
- Develop and maintain the knowledge management repository
- Assist with project planning and management; provide program and enterprise integration of projects
- Identify and assess IT capabilities and provides enterprise-based technical and implementation recommendations
- Develop and manage incorporation/integration of IT solutions into multiple enterprises, including defining/mitigating issues, decision points and other dependencies; assess architecture to determine issues
- Develop data engineering strategy
- Define test plans and evaluation strategies
- Develop recommendations for incorporation of new technologies; develop evaluation criteria to assess emerging technologies
- Evaluate how technologies could interface with existing or proposed solutions and develop transition plans to incorporate new technologies
- Work with individuals and organizations of varying levels and types (including Sponsor, Industry, and Academia)
- Provide individual technical contributions as well as within a team construct.
- Perform complex analyses and to communicate the results using accurate, concise, and effective writing and through descriptive and graphical representations.
- Provide briefings, papers and presentations (written and oral) to include experience briefing at senior levels.
- Assisting with ad hoc tasks and in adjusting as tasks are re-prioritized.
- Requires an active TS/SCI with CI Poly.
- Minimum of 11 years of progressively responsible experience with at least 5 years’ experience in the IC.
- Technical proficiency (2+ years of experience) in application and execution of Technical & Analysis Support, Strategic Planning, IC Cloud Services (e.g., C2S and GovCloud), and Capability Implementation.
- Demonstrated experience ( 5+ years of experience) in Systems Engineering, Systems Integration, and Enterprise Architecture.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability