Materials Science Engineer (TS/SCI with Polygraph)
Job ID: 191465
Location: VIENNA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 6, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Do you have an aptitude for solving challenging puzzles? Are you able to focus on technical details while maintaining a "big picture" perspective? Do you like to add unexpected new skills while enhancing your current capabilities?
SAIC is looking for a Materials Science Engineer to join an exciting program to support solution development for challenging problems.
- The successful candidate will be a proactive, forward-leaning self-starter able to work in a fast-paced organization spread across diverse technical areas.
- The successful candidate will bring a strong technical background with demonstrated technical aptitude in order to quickly understand technical concepts and communicate them in a way that can be understood by non-technical people.
- Candidate must be able to perform qualitative analysis and provide recommendations on contractor designs for life, reliability, and structural concerns.
- The right candidate will have experience in identifying and managing material requirements and Interface Control Documents to include traceability, and verification across multiple segments into an end to end architecture, ensuring agreement, and completeness.
- Must be able to prepare and contribute to engineering level documents to ensure client objective can be met.
- Someone with a passion for working in a customer support role, has attention to detail, able to multi-task, and can work with multiple project leads to understand and communicate program information will thrive in this environment.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires 9 years experience and a Bachelor’s degree in material science, chemistry or related field. 4 additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Must have experience creating work breakdown structures and basis of estimates
- Must have experience with high strength materials
- Must have ability to manage diverse workloads and effectively prioritize multiple competing demands on the individual’s time
- Must be a self-starter with initiative and ability to work independently and in the team environment
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate processes and procedures
- Must be proficiency with MS Office suite needed to perform day-to-day functions.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability