Senior Systems Engineer (TS/SCI with Polygraph)
Job ID: 191459
Location: VIENNA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Do you have an aptitude for solving challenging puzzles? Are you able to focus on technical details while maintaining a "big picture" perspective? Do you like to add unexpected new skills while enhancing your current capabilities? SAIC is looking for candidates to join a results-oriented team dedicated to making things happen for a high-visibility mission!
SAIC is looking for Systems Engineers (SE) to join an exciting program to support solution development for challenging problems.
Additional functions of the positions include (but are not limited too):
- The successful candidate will be a proactive, forward-leaning self-starter able to work in a fast-paced organization spread across diverse technical areas in the computer networking and telecommunication fields.
- The effective candidate will apply their SE expertise in the areas of requirements analysis, functional analysis and allocations, systems architecture and design, technical management, and verification and validation for the customer's projects.
- This will include tracking changes in requirements and working with the system integrators on changes to SE documents.
- Proactively assessing risks, developing mitigation strategies and communicating issues and solutions are a critical part of this position.
- Development of multiple end-to-end system architectures, to include networks and facilities; the creation of technical briefings to be presented to a variety of audiences; the creation and maintenance of a risk register; writing, reviewing and editing CONOPs, requirements, trade studies and system architectures; expanding or modifying the existing system to serve new purposes or improve workflow; and the application of business process improvement practices to re-engineer methodologies and principles and business process modernization projects.
- Support across the full range of customer programs will be provided.
- Someone with a passion for working in a customer support role, has attention to detail, able to multi-task, and can work with multiple project leads to understand and communicate program information will thrive in this environment.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or 4 additional years of experience working in a similar position. with minimum of 9 years of experience.
- Requires minimum of 5 years of training and/or experience in performing systems engineering or architecting systems, to include functional analysis, risk assessment, and mitigation, and requirements development and documentation.
- Must have experience with Systems Engineering, systems integration, and technical documentation management of a major system.
- Must have experience with modeling and simulation.
- Must have ability to manage diverse workloads and effectively prioritize multiple competing demands on the individual’s time.
- Must have proven experience in producing program documentation with demonstrated application of project management principles.
- Must be a self-starter with initiative and ability to work independently and in the team environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate processes and procedures.
- Must be proficiency with MS Office suite needed to perform day-to-day functions
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability