Operations and Maintenance Support Engineer (TS/SCI with Polygraph)
Job ID: 191453
Location: VIENNA, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Do you have an aptitude for solving challenging puzzles? Are you able to focus on technical details while maintaining a "big picture" perspective? Do you like to add unexpected new skills while enhancing your current capabilities? SAIC is looking for candidates to join a results-oriented team dedicated to making things happen for a high-visibility mission!
SAIC is looking for Operations and Maintenance Support Engineers to join an exciting program to support solution development for challenging problems.
- The successful candidate will be a proactive, forward-leaning self-starter able to work in a fast-paced organization spread across diverse technical areas.
- The successful candidate will bring a strong technical background with demonstrated technical aptitude in order to quickly understand technical concepts and communicate them in a way that can be understood by non-technical people.
- The right candidate will have experience system engineering throughout all phases of the system lifecycle – design, development, implementation, operations and maintenance, and retirement.
- The candidate will monitor system performance and conduct trend analysis on performance.
- Looking for someone with a passion for working in a customer support role, has attention to detail, able to multi-task, and can work with multiple project leads to understand and communicate program information will thrive in this environment.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in systems, mechanical, or electrical engineering or a related field Or 4 additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree with 9 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience in requirements development and documentation
- Minimum of 8 years of experience engineering activities associated with large-scale networks
- Must have experience in engineering electromechanical systems
- Must have experience in engineering power distribution systems
- Must have experience in operational / system testing and evaluation (planning and execution)
- Must have ability to manage diverse workloads and effectively prioritize multiple competing demands on the individual’s time
- Must have proven experience in producing program documentation with demonstrated application of project management principles
- Must be a self-starter with initiative and ability to work independently and in the team environment
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate processes and procedures
- Must have experience with MS Project and Visio
- Must be proficiency with MS Office suite needed to perform day-to-day functions
- Must have experience in using industry standard requirements tracking software tools
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability