Do you have an aptitude for solving challenging puzzles? Are you able to focus on technical details while maintaining a "big picture" perspective? Do you like to add unexpected new skills while enhancing your current capabilities? SAIC is looking for candidates to join a results-oriented team dedicated to making things happen for a high-visibility mission!
SAIC is looking for Operations and Maintenance Support Engineers to join an exciting program to support solution development for challenging problems.
- The successful candidate will be a proactive, forward-leaning self-starter able to work in a fast-paced organization spread across diverse technical areas.
- The successful candidate will bring a strong technical background with demonstrated technical aptitude in order to quickly understand technical concepts and communicate them in a way that can be understood by non-technical people.
- The right candidate will have experience system engineering throughout all phases of the system lifecycle – design, development, implementation, operations and maintenance, and retirement.
- The candidate will monitor system performance and conduct trend analysis on performance.
- Looking for someone with a passion for working in a customer support role, has attention to detail, able to multi-task, and can work with multiple project leads to understand and communicate program information will thrive in this environment.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in systems, mechanical, or electrical engineering or a related field Or 4 additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree with 9 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience in requirements development and documentation
- Minimum of 8 years of experience engineering activities associated with large-scale networks
- Must have experience in engineering electromechanical systems
- Must have experience in engineering power distribution systems
- Must have experience in operational / system testing and evaluation (planning and execution)
- Must have ability to manage diverse workloads and effectively prioritize multiple competing demands on the individual’s time
- Must have proven experience in producing program documentation with demonstrated application of project management principles
- Must be a self-starter with initiative and ability to work independently and in the team environment
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate processes and procedures
- Must have experience with MS Project and Visio
- Must be proficiency with MS Office suite needed to perform day-to-day functions
- Must have experience in using industry standard requirements tracking software tools
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability