This position reports to the VA/DHA Portfolio Manager in the SAIC Federal Civilian Customer Group. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Federal Civilian Executive Team and Federal Civilian Account Managers (AM) to execute the responsibilities outlined below. Within this partnership, the candidate will share overall responsibility for business development strategy, planning and execution for opportunities with the Department of Veterans Affairs. This position was specifically tailored to attract and grow the next generation of SAIC Federal Civilian leadership. The successful candidate will demonstrate the experience and career path trajectory required to manage the full scope of business practices required to manage a book of business, including business development, client management, Profit and Loss responsibility, Program Team management and delivery responsibilities.
The successful candidate understands the missions of the Department of Veterans Affairs and their respective divisions and offices, their cultures, organizational components, leadership, major programs and their challenges. This role effectively encompasses three primary areas of responsibility, Account Strategy, Program Execution and Business Development.
The candidate is responsible for leading target Agency strategic planning and positioning with full support from a corporate infrastructure that includes, capture management, proposal development and management, and subject matter expertise covering a broad range of portfolio capabilities. The successful candidate will assess opportunities to eliminate or move forward through SAIC’s Pre-Award process such that the opportunity is included in SAIC’s pipeline metrics as a qualified opportunity and, as appropriate, continue through the process to the successful submission of a complaint, compelling proposal.
The Business Development responsibilities include opportunity identification, qualification and maturation to assist SAIC in determining pursue / no pursue decisions. The Business Development responsibilities require the candidate to lead throughout the qualification process and stay deeply involved in developing the company’s win strategy. This position is a senior level business development and management position and therefor it is expected this individual will manage a dynamic, multi-year pipeline of opportunities in various stages of maturity. The Business Development activities will promote the complete portfolio of services from SAIC to our client base.
Related responsibilities include market analysis and strategic business planning including identification, qualification, and marketing aspects of a complete capture that will lead to the award of major programs. This position will include oversight of customer contact and positioning; teaming interactions; and coordination with other internal business development and sales resources available across SAIC. This position requires the candidate to engage with existing programs to understand current execution, provide portfolio level oversight and identify improvement opportunities. Experience with customer relationship management and opportunity tracking as well as experience with a variety of contract types including cost plus fixed fee, fixed price, award fee, and performance based contracting are required.
Bachelors degree or commensurate years of experience in lieu of a degree and 10+ years or more of related experience.
- The candidate must have a reputation for being able to build and work within high performance teams in a matrix-management environment.
- He/she must be able to communicate well with senior and executive management within a company and with key federal customers.
- A demonstrated sustained ability and reputation of winning complex, prime integration services or systems engineering contract awards with values over $50M that meets and exceeds challenging goals and quotas is required.
- Five years of related and recent federal business development experience is required. Ten plus years of recent business development experience.
- Past experience in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs including existing customer relationships, and an understanding of the buying trends of the agency is considered an advantage.
- The successful candidate will be able to reference a portfolio of submittals and awards that include experience in all types of government contracts (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus) and full array of capture strategies (major re-competes, incumbent capture, sole source, etc.).
- Candidates must have highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carry- out daily interactions with technical leaders and business executives within SAIC, with the customers, and with teammates and subcontractors.
- Past experience that demonstrates the ability to contribute to fast-paced business leadership teams will be a plus.
- This position is based in Reston, VA and will require local business travel as needed for a geographically dispersed customer set.
- US Citizenship required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability