Senior Systems Engineer (Acquisition)
Job ID: 190433
Location: WASHINGTON NAVY YARD, DC, United States
Date Posted: Sep 10, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to act as a Acquisition Specialist in Washington, DC.
In this role you will:
- Provide tailored systems engineering services with an expert level understanding of DoD and IC acquisitions processes.
- Develop, update and maintain baseline configuration of capability needs and requirements.
- Participate in periodic reviews of project status to include system reviews, design reviews, quarterly and monthly performance reviews providing formal minutes of the meeting and tracking action items assigned.
- Support the program cost group as necessary in their conduct of formal cost estimates and assessments.
- Apply critical thinking to assist with the formulation of acquisition strategies, acquisition plans, Statements of Work, Performance Work Statements, J&A documentation, etc.
- Assist with the management of contracts
- Review of Contract Deliverables. (CDRL's)
- Formulate and process Technical Direction Letters
- Perform review of contract financial plans and spend plans.
Must have Bachelor's degree and 14 years (minimum) experience with DoD and/or IC acquisitions, additional years experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
Must have recent experience (within past 5 years) supporting a large program that achieved a major milestone.
TS/SCI with the ability to obtain a polygraph.
- Prior Systems Engineering or Program Management aquisition certification from the Defense Acquisition University or equivalent authority is desired.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability