SAIC expects to hire Business /Financial Managers to provide
program management support to NAVSEA Programs. This office
ensures that budgeting, financial management, and business processes are in
place and executed to provide support for and respond to Fleet life cycle
requirements for in-service Mine Warfare, Surface Combatant, Amphibious,
Auxiliary, and Command Ship classes of ships.
NAVSEA regularly manages the following appropriations:
- Operations and Maintenance
- Navy (O&MN)
- Other Procurement, Navy (OPN)
- Weapons Procurement
- Navy (WPN)
- Shipbuilding and Conversion
- Navy (SCN)
- Research, Development, Test and
This is a hands on leadership role for a team that is responsible for:
- Financial reporting on the
performance of this contract,
- Drafting briefing materials, issue papers, point papers, ad-hoc
reports, Congressional Briefs and Fielding Plans.
- Drafting funding
- Preparing ledger reports, ledger tracking, maintenance and the support of
specified financial management information systems and accounting program tracking systems.
- Collecting, monitoring and analyzing obligation and expenditure data from various
contractor and government sources and provide reports to advise the customer.
- Resolving problem disbursements.
- Performing reconciliation and creating documentation in support of reconciliation and account closure.
- Making recommendations and initiatives for Command Improvements to reduce
overall costs, including but not limited to Business Case Analysis, cost
benefit analysis, e-business solutions.
- Analyzing, evaluating, and providing recommendations for the
planning and preparation of procurement actions (Procurement Request), contractual
- Drafting Technical Instructions and Statements of Work and tasking letters
- Providing subject matter technical expertise for meetings, presentations,
inquiries and action item resolution.
- Prepare funding requests based on requirements review and customer
- Prepare and track travel budget and manage travel
- Maintain awareness and look for opportunities to contribute to the success
of the critical corporate initiatives of Total Ownership Costs (TOC) and Navy
Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) implementation.
- Experience preparing budget exhibits, POM submissions, and Congressional budget briefings
- 20 years of experience in all phases of the Navy’s PPBE process
- BA/BS in related field
- Prior financial management experience in support of a NAVSEA program office
- Knowledge of the NAVSEA financial management systems (i.e., ERP, PRISMS, STARS, AUTODOC); Certified Defense Financial Manager
- Secret Clearance
- DAWIA Level III qualified in Business, Cost Estimating and Financial Management, or equivalent certification
- Master's degree in a related field
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability