This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 190217
Location: DENVER, CO, United States
Date Posted: Nov 16, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
This role will support the successful installation and/or replacement and ongoing maintenance of various components of the State of Colorado network infrastructure. This includes installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing all system hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal service disruption. The person will also diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user support where required. This role will require travel to Colorado customer sites as assigned or scheduled.
Summary of essential job functions
- Install, configure, test, maintain, and troubleshoot end user hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, cabling, and networking hardware and software products including desktop/laptop computers, switches, servers, and routers.
- Perform remote and/or on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex network problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware and software solutions, including off-site repair.
- Plan and implement hardware upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
- Develop processes for hardware refresh implementations including technical specifications and configuration settings to support process definition
- Liaise with internal and external system engineers to provide Tier 2+ service desk support
- Generate and update site LAN/WAN documentation as assigned
- Works on problems of moderate scope and complexity, where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors including network complexity and customer objectives
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection being supported in the network enterprise
- Minimum 3 - 5 years relevant experience working in a technical role; Must be team-oriented and possess good customer service skills
- 4-year university degree in a technical discipline; a combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements
- ITIL Foundation Certificate, strongly desired but not required
- Certifications (strongly desired): Network+, Server+, and Microsoft Certified System Administrator certifications
- Works under general supervision; follows established processes and procedures
- 80% Travel required within the State of Colorado
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other hardware components.
- Inspect and install cable, monitors, speakers, and other hardware components in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers, printers, and switches.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability