Technology and Engineering Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 1811602
Location: BETHESDA, MD, United States
Date Posted: Oct 21, 2019
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Are you looking for a career where you can build a better world
with innovative technology? If so, meet SAIC. You will join a group of
professionals who are a lot of fun to work with.
SAIC is seeking a Technology and Engineering Specialist to support a major program at the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC) within the National Capital Region.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing forensic infrastructure engineering expertise in support of exploitation lab operations.
- Designing and developing equipment, processes, and systems that involve data networks, storage, processing, and data communications.
- Imaging systems, and building and maintaining images.
- Troubleshooting hardware; configuring computers and servers; and repairing workstations, servers, and networks.
- Analyzing equipment specifications and process requirements to architect a practical design.
- Creating and maintaining technical procedures, documentation, and manuals.
- Compiling and analyzing operational data, and directing testing, to establish standards for new designs or modifications to existing equipment, systems, or processes.
- Performing a variety of system administration functions.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI and be willing and able to pass a CI polygraph prior to starting.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a computer technology-related field and at least three (3) years of related experience. 8 additional years of direct IT experience may be substituted for education.
- Minimum of three (3) years specialized hardware/system engineering, and systems admin experience, and a computer technology-related degree.
- Experience analyzing and installing communications systems with system administration experience in support of network systems, network servers, and desktop computers.
- Experience working independently and under tight timelines.
- Experience conveying technical information effectively and concisely to non-technical audiences.
- Experience requiring knowledge of computer forensics and exploitation systems, processing, and applications.
- Experience working with storage solutions.
- Experience analyzing and installing computer-based systems; local area networks; and fiber optic cables.
- Experience designing and fabricating specialized interconnected cable solutions.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability