Business Operations Manager (Horizon 2)
SAIC is seeking a manager for both business and technical processes in support of a system program office at the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Space Superiority Systems Directorate (SMC/SY). The position requires experience with the management of office functions operating in a classified environment, as well as familiarity with technical process management (i.e., data/configuration management) and project enabling processes (i.e., knowledge management).
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides configuration management and control per the programs data management plan.
- Provides knowledge management support to ensure lessons learned and corporate knowledge are retained, shared, and auditable.
- Provides technical data retention and analysis per the program’s data management plan.
- Participates in configuration control boards and allocated baseline configuration audits.
- Supports traceability & accountability of version control throughout the lifecycle of software baseline development, qualification, deployment, and, historical records.- - Supports data migration/entry of Program documentation and configuration information (i.e., documents, engineering drawings, software, requirements data, issue reports, deviations/waivers, change requests and notifications).
- Supports the development of business and technical management policies and ensures industry standards are applied as needed.
- Lead and/or facilitate large meetings and reviews at multiple classification levels.
- Bachelors Degree and 6+ years of experience in related field (Business Operations and Configuration/Data/Knowledge management) or Masters and 4+ years.
- An active TS/SCI clearance with willingness to consent to a polygraph examination.
- Knowledge of the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics Life Cycle Management System
- Knowledge of systems engineering concepts and processes.
- Experience with DoD agencies, polices, and processes as well cross-coordination with internal and external Government agencies.
- Experience with using/handling classified information systems, data and telecommunication systems.
- Capable of communicating technical and programmatic status to team members and senior leadership through verbal and written communication methods.
- Configuration Management Certification from CMPIC, CMII, or similar industry provider.
- Experience with requirement management tools such as Rational Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability