Senior Principle Launch Engineer
Job ID: 448768
Location: EL SEGUNDO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Aerospace Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
- Provide systems and technical engineering support to the U.S. Air Force Launch and Range programs.
- Evaluation/design and performance assessments of launch vehicle and range systems and sub-system technologies.
- Conduct and coordinate sub- system engineering review boards; develop and present reports summarizing assessments and results. Coordinate approval of reports and generate system-level risks from these review boards.
- Evaluate and track system and sub- system issues and configuration changes.
- Create/assess test plans against industry standards (SMC-S-016).
- Review and evaluate the results of sub-system testing.
- Interface with multiple teams and government organizations—coordinate multi-agency reports and studies to apply to current Air Force efforts.
- Plan and support technical and schedule review meetings to include configuration control boards, technical review boards, and other systems review meetings as needed. Prepare and present briefings, data and results at the aforementioned meetings.
- Consolidate and coordinate data and results from other team members and report directly on a routine basis with the AF customer.
Required Education and Experience:
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science (B.S.) from an ABET accredited college with an emphasis of the following engineering disciplines: avionics or a major science such as math or physics & 6+ years of qualified experience.
In addition, the candidate should have a minimum of 14 years industry experience in the specific engineering discipline. Substitution of higher education (MS, PhD) will be considered for minimum experience requirements. Candidates should be able to work independently without significant oversight and direction.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability