Job ID: 193467
Location: ALBUQUERQUE, NM, United States
Date Posted: Jun 24, 2019
Subcategory: Proposal Support
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
SAIC is looking for an experienced Technical Editor to support Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center (AFNWC) Gravity Sustainment and Support Services (GS3) team located at Kirtland AFB, NM. This contract provides for engineering and technical support services for integration of the B-61 All Up Round (AUR) and legacy gravity systems.
• Successful candidate will edit sections of competitive proposals, including technical, management, transition, resumes, past performance, cost narratives, and resume/staffing solutions.
• Candidate will implement the Government Printing Office (GPO) editorial standard as well as custom standards for support services proposals.
• Candidate will work closely with all members of a GS3 team.
• Extended work hours may be required to meet test and report deadlines.
• Edits and at times writes clear, persuasive, and articulate technical sections; translates technical and other ideas into easily understandable text; rewrites and/or reviews proposal sections and related proposal documents. Able to edit in active voice. –
• Uses interpersonal and interviewing skills to gather needed information from GS3 professionals.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 6 - 9 Years of work related experience with technical writing/editing work.
• Experience with Government development of test plan and report
• Active Secret clearance is required.
• Experience reading and analyzing requests for technical documents.
• Detail oriented and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Superior communications skills.
• Experience editing technical document content for readability, consistency, clarity, and compliance with requirements.
• Proficiency in grammar, spelling, and punctuation and accurate proofreading skills.
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially MS Word 2013
• Mentoring skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation’s most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability