SAIC, in support of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) - United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) - Office of Information Technology (OIT), will deliver enterprise Architecture and Engineering Services (AES). These services will include design, engineering, and implementations for the entire USCIS global enterprise. SAIC is looking for an AES team experienced and proven in terms of technology and IT modernization in the US Government Enterprise space.
The Systems Engineer - Active Directory performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) . Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications. Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities. Should provide identification/fixing for the problems within existing systems design/implementation of new systems, enhances the existing systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems. Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTS products. Must possess experience of system engineering in one or more areas including telecommunications concepts, computer languages, operating systems, database/DBMS and middleware.
This position will:
· Provide technical support to ensure that the AD servers operate efficiently and effectively.
· Test all Domain controllers to ensure they can pass Microsoft standards for integrity.
· Run Microsoft (MS) Active Directory Risk and Health Assessment Program (ADRAP) provide the corrective actions required resulting from the assessment in accordance with the Configuration Change and Release Management (CCRM) process.
· Implement Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
· Ensure all changes to the Group Policy Objects (GPOs) under Active Directory (AD) are controlled and documented.
· Ensure GPO testing in a test environment was completed by engineering.
· Work with the testing engineers and verify that the test environment is as similar as is feasible to the production domain, to ensure continuity across each.
· Provide escalation to Tier IV support
· Support the full lifecycle of a Microsoft Operating Systems (OS) for Servers
· Use Remedy in the recording of work done in trouble tickets, Change records, and Work Orders. All production changes shall be documented and approved through the CCRM
· Configure servers and backup devices per DHS standards, utilizing appropriate naming conventions, Active Directory Organization Unit (OU) management for new servers, and ensure all security updates are installed prior to deployment.
· Provide support and administration of Active Directory (AD) in a Windows 2008 Server distributed environment.
· Provide support and administration for all AD Operating System upgrades beyond Windows 2008 Server.
· Provide HyperV support to platforms across the enterprise while maintaining the Enterprise standard configurations on each platform.
· Provide PowerShell scripting capabilities into the AD environment for adhoc queries and spreadsheet generation.
· Provide LDAP query support to application developers.
· Provide SAN support to regional locations. NetApp and EMC SANs are currently in use.
· Provide Back-up and restore support to regional locations.
· Handle legacy Exchange recoveries using Networker, Backup Exec, and Quest Recovery tools.
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD and four (4) years or more experience. Additional years of experience may be considered for candidates with Associates degree.
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience with monitoring performance and throughput, setting baselines for acceptable performances standards while teams develop new solutions.
• Experience working in public and private clouds.
• Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, collaborative environment.
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills required.
• Must have strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills
• Experience with major cloud providers preferred.
• Possess superior technical aptitude and effective written and verbal communications skills.
• Proven experience with managing and using Dev Ops concepts.
• Certifications: MCSE or proven equivalent experience.
Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DHS EOD or BI Security Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability