SAIC, in support of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) - United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) - Office of Information Technology (OIT), will deliver enterprise Architecture and Engineering Services (AES). These services will include design, engineering, and implementations for the entire USCIS global enterprise. SAIC is looking for an AES team experienced and proven in terms of technology and IT modernization in the US Government Enterprise space.
The Systems Engineer for Internet of Things (IoT) performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) . Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications. Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities. Should provide identification/fixing for the problems within existing systems design/implementation of new systems, enhances the existing systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems. Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTS products. Must possess experience of system engineering in one or more areas including telecommunications concepts, computer languages, operating systems, database/DBMS and middleware.
Will be responsible for the operations and management of the USCIS device management systems, including AirWatch and Microsoft SCCM, while also working to design, implement and test new technologies as introduced by industry progress.
Will provide services to actively manage a Microsoft Configuration Manager, including device imaging infrastructure, software provisioning and distribution, patching and update services, and overall best practice methodology. Will develop the device management infrastructure according to industry standards and best practices.
Will perform the following:
• Maintain device management environment, including AirWatch, Configuration Manager (referred to as SCCM), Intune and related Windows, Apple and mobile device administration tools.
• Develop concepts and strategies to further optimize and standardize the management of devices within the USCIS environment based on factors such as industry best practices and interoperability with other technologies within the Enterprise.
• Manage and maintain Apple workstations, including accounting for device usage growth.
• Manage Microsoft Windows environment using software distribution, imaging, and patching capabilities within SCCM.
• Manage mobile devices including administration, security settings, enrollment and usage.
• Perform integration of MDM within a secure active directory.
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD and four (4) years or more experience. Additional years of experience may be considered for candidates with Associates degree.
• Five (5) or more years of subject matter expertise with monitoring performance and throughput, setting baselines for acceptable performances standards while teams develop new solutions.
• Experience working in public and private clouds.
• Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, collaborative environment.
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills required.
• Must have strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills
• Experience with major cloud providers preferred.
• Possess superior technical aptitude and effective written and verbal communications skills.
• Proven experience with managing and using Dev Ops concepts.
• Certifications: MCSE or proven equivalent experience.
Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DHS EOD or BI Security Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability