SAIC, in support of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) - United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) - Office of Information Technology (OIT), will deliver enterprise Architecture and Engineering Services (AES). These services will include design, engineering, and implementations for the entire USCIS global enterprise. SAIC is looking for an AES team experienced and proven in terms of technology and IT modernization in the US Government Enterprise space.
Provides high-level architectural expertise to managers and technical staff. Develops architectural products and deliverables for the enterprise and operational business lines in accordance with the strategy and goals of the organization. Develops strategy of system and the design infrastructure necessary to support that strategy. Advises on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, and applications development. Sets standards for the client/server relational database structure for the organization (SQL, ORACLE, SYBASE, etc.). Advises of feasibility of potential future projects to management. Tracks current plans that will require IT resources. Monitors and reviews the success of systems and ensures efficiency and effectiveness. Recommends future computer system technologies that will help in the improvement of business in the organization. Integrates IT solution systems for the business with the existing client systems.
May design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities. Prepares the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling. May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis. May evaluate new technology. Duties may include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network systems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more experience, Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience, PhD and fifteen (15) years or more experience. Additional years of experience may be considered for candidates with Associates degree.
• A minimum of ten (10) years of experience as an Enterprise Architect Specializing in Active Directory services.
• A minimum of four (4) years of experience in cloud technologies such as but not limited to Azure and AWS.
• Extensive experience designing mission critical infrastructure in enterprise environments.
• Experience designing and implementing enterprise solutions that increase the availability and security of the enterprise.
• Extensive experience with on premise physical infrastructure and Virtualization technologies including Hyper-V, VMWare, SAN, FCoe, NFS, SMB3 etc
• Deep experience with networking and security methods and tools.
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills required.
• Must have strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills
• Experience with major cloud providers preferred.
• Possess superior technical aptitude and effective written and verbal communications skills.
• Proven experience with managing and using Dev Ops concepts.
• Certifications: CCIE
Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DHS EOD
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability