This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 448468
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Jul 9, 2019
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC, in support of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) - United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) - Office of Information Technology (OIT), will deliver enterprise Architecture and Engineering Services (AES). These services will include design, engineering, and implementations for the entire USCIS global enterprise. SAIC is looking for an AES team experienced and proven in terms of technology and IT modernization in the US Government Enterprise space.
Develops requirements from a project's inception to its conclusion for a particular IT subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems). Assists other project members with analysis and evaluation and with the preparation of recommendations for system improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts in the following specialties: information systems architecture; networking; telecommunications; automation; communications protocols; risk management/electronic analysis; software; life-cycle management; software development methodologies; modeling and simulation; disaster recovery; and requirements management.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software. Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs. Ensures software standards are met.
The Cloud Scrum Master shall apply Agile Coaching and Project Management practices, as follows:
• Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
• Follow ITIL framework throughout the lifecycle of work to ensure all areas of ITIL are recognized, addressed, and delivered.
• Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
• Support and educate the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Collaborate with Engineers / other project managers to ensure successful delivery for OIT's clients.
• Participate in all phases of the Systems Development: from requirements analysis through design, implementation, debugging, and testing.
• Provide client relationship management.
• Provide project reporting and summaries for management.
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Additional years of experience may be considered for candidates with Associates degree.
· A minimum of five (5) years of concurrent experience in project and program management including:
o At least three (3) years of experience managing IT projects and programs.
o At least five (5) years of experience in coaching multiple agile teams
· Proven experience as a scrum master - KANBAN/SCRUMBAN methods.
· Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification OR PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification
· Proven experience with managing using Dev Ops concepts.
· Proven experience with Agile Reporting techniques
· Proven experience in improving Work -In - Progress (WIP) Management
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability