The NAVSEA-NAVAIR Operation (NNO) leads the strategic direction, planning and execution of SAIC’s efforts in providing mission-oriented engineering, systems engineering, platform integration, training, enterprise IT, and management services to the U.S. Navy’s Naval Sea
Systems Command, Naval Air Systems Command, affiliated Program Executive Officers and Warfare Centers, the Chief of Naval Operations, U.S. Fleet Forces Command, and the Military Sealift Command. With more than 2,000 employees exceeding $600 million in annual sales, the operation provides support to the Navy at sites in 18 states and internationally.
JOB DESCRIPTION: NNO seeks a Director, Business Development to lead business development strategy, customer engagement and opportunity identification and qualification for Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA), the affiliated Program Executive Offices and the NAVSEA Naval Warfare Centers working collaboratively with the NNO Operation Manager, Vice President of Business Development, Vice Presidents of Programs, Business Developers and Capture Managers. The position reports directly to the Vice President of Business Development for NNO.
• Apply a strong understanding of NAVSEA, to include leadership, organizational behavior, buying practices, major programs and industry positions, to develop and manage a dynamic, multi-year pipeline of opportunities.
• Lead strategic planning and positioning for NAVSEA, with emphasis on winning business by delivering differentiated capabilities from SAIC’s extensive solutions portfolio.
• Apply SAIC procedures and best practices to personally identify and qualify opportunities and thereby meet goals for pipeline sufficiency and quality.
• Develop and establish relationships between the company, strategic partners and customers.
• Maintain long-term relationships with the NAVSEA customer base and Industry peers
• Provide direct support to an assigned directorate within NNO assisting the Vice President of Programs with pipeline development and qualification.
• Support post-qualification capture and proposal development for approved opportunities, particularly in the areas of customer engagement; teaming; and coordination with internal business development.
• Current SECRET Clearance or higher
• Bachelor degree and sixteen (16) years or more Masters and twelve (12) years of related business development experience / direct NAVSEA customer with 5+ years of experience in performing strategy development and identification and qualification for complex, prime integration services or systems engineering opportunities with values over $50M+.
• Current knowledge of NAVSEA, including existing customer and industry peer relationships. Recent, successful BD experience at NAVSEA is a major plus.
• Outstanding verbal, writing, and inter-personal skills needed to communicate effectively and persuasively with personnel at all levels, both in customer spaces and within SAIC.
• Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and NAVSEA contracting, acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors.
• US Citizenship required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability