Description SAIC currently has a job opening for a Procurement Manager
in our North Charleston, South Carolina facility!
Our Team is growing and we are looking for an individual that is
excited and passionate about supporting America’s war fighters. This position will report directly to the
Materials and Defense Procurement Director.
The successful candidate will need to have procurement experience in a manufacturing
environment. The Manager will lead the local
procurement team to ensure production continuity and strategize to reduce
program costs while mitigating risks and working within the parameters of the
Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense FAR supplement.
will interact with several functional areas (QA, engineering, logistics, and
program management, production and contracts) to ensure quality assemblies and
components are delivered in a timely manner for production.
The experienced candidate will have extensive
experience in managing suppliers and developing supplier relationships and will
have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Work closely with production and supply chain teams to ensure inventory and
production requirements are met
- Supply chain/procurement experience with a
focus on planning and purchasing
- Develop procurement strategies to maximize short and long-term purchasing
- Oversee day-to-day activities of the
- Assist with all aspects of Platform
Integration procurements including vendor research, supplier visits, make or
buy analysis in conjunction with appropriate functions, needs analysis with
internal stakeholders, and initial negotiations for complex purchases
- Negotiate license agreements and terms and
conditions to reduce risk and maximize cash flow
- Develop & improve supply
base strategy & implementation
- Provide oversight, strategic planning and overall vision for Platform
- Manage and lead projects with
engineering to improve quality and reduce costs
- Respond effectively to changing workloads and
- Manage and enhance supplier
performance through standardized processes and continuous improvement efforts
to obtain optimal results related to quality, cost, delivery, and service
- Develop an effective management
system for the commodity team and activities
- Ensure procurement team is compliant with
procurement policy and FAR/DFAR
Qualifications Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. May accept experience in lieu of degree.
issuing and managing Materials Purchase orders and Subcontracts
Microsoft Office Skills
communications skills, both written and oral.
Ability to communicate across several levels of staff and different
and understanding working with Federal Acquisition Regulations
critical thinking, analytical skills, and ability to think outside the box
High level of
organization and attention to detail
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability