Job ID: 447967
Location: TAMPA, FL, United States
Date Posted: May 31, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a senior IT analyst supporting CENTCOM Communications Directorate/J6 technology innovation branch charged with IT modernization planning and strategy, researching emerging technologies, and providing the customer with analysis and recommendations to meet new requirements and solve problems..
- Engages with DOD and industry to analyze enterprise, operational, and accredited technologies beneficial in meeting near term requirements and the long-term, strategic vision.
- Responsible for providing support to ensure technology insertion fit for purpose, compliance, and interoperability within the HQ and AOR enterprise to include modernization within the cyber, network and systems infrastructure, and multi-national partner network program support domains.
- Leverages strong customer relationship skills and IT enterprise understanding to lead CENTCOM J6 IT Roadmap development to ensure well-planned and resourced network modernization IAW strategic priorities.
- Ensures technology pursuits and requirements align within established network operations framework and strategic priorities.
- Works as part of a team, in a highly matrixed organization to coordinate, gather, and develop information to present written and oral business case analysis, white papers, and recommendations to senior decision makers within the J6 organization.
Bachelor's Degree in related field and 9+ years related experience; OR High School equivalent and 13+ years of experience.
Active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
Demonstrated experience in network engineering, software defined networking, data storage and compute, systems development, virtualization, and/or systems deployment at the Tier 3 level.
Strong experience in designing and integrating an extensive range of wide-area network support systems in a DOD enterprise.
Basic understanding of government/DoD procurement process and familiar with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
Advanced Microsoft Word and PowerPoint user capabilities to develop reports and presentations.
Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to develop analytical documents and create/present oral briefs to senior management
Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance and as a member of a team.
Understand DOD language/terminology.
CISCO, Microsoft, VMWare, Cloud-focused and Cyber Security certifications are a plus.
ITIL V3 Certification
Military support experience (joint task force headquarters and/or higher)
Master's Degree in IT related field.
Some travel may be required. Candidate must hold a valid U.S. passport and be willing to travel overseas in support of USCENTCOM mission requirements.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability