Medium Caliber General Engineer
Job ID: 447743
Location: PICATINNY ARSENAL, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jun 14, 2019
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Sys Safety Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
SAIC is seeking General Engineer to support Medium Caliber Ammunition for the Office of the Project Manager- Maneuver Ammunition Systems at Picatinny Arsenal, NJ.
- Organize, direct, and coordinate planning and implementation of all engineering support activities
- Interface with Government personnel
- Formulate and review project feasibility studies, determine, costs, ensure conformance to work standards
- Interpret policies, purposes, and goals of the organizations for subordinates
- Manage systems safety studies, acquire and utilize company resources to achieve project technical objectives
- Responsible for the technical aspects of each project
- Primary contributor in application of engineering and scientific principles to meet technical requirements Development technical concepts, plan for implementation, monitor technical progress, design tests, assess performance data, and develop solutions to technical problems,
- Author, edit and contribute to production of technical reports and other technical products, such as overall project concepts and descriptions, and test plans.
- Participates in all 40mm RDT&E related IPTs to include: 40mm M918E1 HV DNT and 40mm M781E1 LV Day/Night/Thermal Training Rounds, 40mm XM1166, LV High Explosive Airburst, 40mm HV Improved - High Explosive Dual Purpose, 40mm LV XM1167, Door Breach, 40mm LVM433E1 Warhead Improvement, 40mm LV XM1168, Short Range Anti-Personnel and the M550 Fuze Improvement Program.
- Plans, coordinates, and distributes meeting announcements to the munition program IPT members. Present an information overview at these meetings and publish meeting minutes and track action items until complete.
- Participates in the development of Test and Evaluation Master Plans (TEMP), Performance Specifications (P-Spec) and other Milestone documentation.
- Attends PM MAS ammunition test events as required to provide engineering expertise.
- Supports Test and Evaluation activities to include: Soldier Enhancement Programs [(LV High Explosive Air Burst (HEAB) and HV I-High Explosive Dual Purpose (HEDP)], Rapid Equipping Force Activities (Door Breach), Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADA) with Contractors (LV HEAB and HV I-HEDP) and Limited User Evaluations (LV & HV DNT, LV HEAB & HV I-HEDP).
- Attends In-Process Reviews (IPRs), technical meetings, reviews, and discussions between the various government agencies and munition contractor developer as required.
- Participates in support of the User and PM MAS as a member on the Test and Evaluation Working Integrated Product Team (T&E WIPT) for all 40mm Developmental Items.
- Participates in 40mm Grenade Ammunition IPRs at the munitions prime contractor facilities as required.
- Assists in developing and maintaining assigned briefing and information packages, and other routine and informal reports, as required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with at least 5 years engineering experience
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret.
- Experience with the Government Acquisition Processes
- Experience in executing projects
- Experience with probability, reliability, statistical analysis methods, sampling and test and evaluation techniques, data collection and applicable regulations and standards.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability